IGNORED

Wrong turn turned philosophical

Venturous Randy

During Linda's and my trip to the Outer Banks during my birthday weekend in late September, we had one of those momentary encounters that made me think.

I missed the turn that would have been toward the northern strip of the Outer Banks where Kitty Hawk is located and ended up going up toward Chesapeake Bay, Va. When I realized what had happened, I made a u-turn and came upon a rest area. The interesting thing was one side of the rest area was the highway and on the other side was a canal with a dock. When we pulled in, I noticed there was a sail boat docked there that was probably between 35 to 40 feet long. A real nice boat. The couple on the boat was waiting for a lock or something to open and had several hours to kill.

I went in to use the rest room and Linda, being the friendly person she is, had walked over and struck up a conversation with the couple and was admiring their boat. They were both very friendly and seemed to appreciate having someone to talk to during their wait. The wife was more of the quiet type and the husband was more the type A personality.

After we got back on the bike and back on the highway, Linda mentioned that while the husband was showing me the boat, the wife had moved closer to her and in a low voice, mentioned that she used to ride. It was like she did not want her husband to hear her say this. Now, this made Linda and me both wonder what this was all about and was this with a previous marriage, or boy friend or what, but Linda felt like it must have been something she had enjoyed doing with the way she said it. It also made me wonder if the woman would have rather been on the back of, or even driving a motorcycle, than to be confined to that sailboat.

RandyA

That was the dismal swamp rest stop and visitors center. There's trails you can walk as well if you go to the visitor center there's access to them. They have programs over there as well about the animals in the swamp, as well as the plants and trees. Jeff and I always stop at that one on our way back down from VA.

Kinda sad if she felt the need to keep it quiet that she liked to ride or even that she rode at one time.

Margaret`

It is a shame that the wife had to not say it too loud as if the husbands ego couldn't take it or that she has probably mentioned in the past the desire to ride and the husband wants none of it. Even if thats the case its too bad that the Lady didn't feel comfortable enough to buy and ride her own bike.

But then there are many women who simply enjoy riding with their partner.

When in love you may give up some things for the other. Seems to be so in her case. For him, he may have had a real bad encounter with MC, maybe lost his father or brother or best friend, and she doesn't want to hurt him anymore than he is already, but she did want to share her love for MC. Seems perfectly normal to me.

It also made me wonder if the woman would have rather been on the back of, or even driving a motorcycle, than to be confined to that sailboat.

RandyA

soooooo, now I gotta buy a sailboat and look there for confined women who want to ride.....

Guest RawHide
soooooo, now I gotta buy a sailboat and look there for confined women who want to ride.....

You wont find me on a sail boat...I be too rocky to ride!