IGNORED

Today's Handy Household Tip!

bongobobny

When inviting friends over for dinner, and if you cleaned your oven that afternoon, Miz Manners suggests having an ample supply of wine available prior to dinner, AND make sure the oven still works after cleaning it...

We won't mention whose house we went to diner at!

A good one too:

When making Yorkshire Pudding, don't put too much oil in the pan.

Or as the batter swells when it cooks and it pushes the oil out, it creates a puddle on the foil catch tray. Rumour has it that when you attempt to remove the same said foil tray the next thing you know the freaking oven is a blaze and you're digging out the fire extinguisher from (of course!) the very back of the cupboard.

No need to ask how I know all this .... check out my NEW stove!

Well...this is more of a garage or shop tip but I'll add it anyway. Have you ever used a can of spray paint only to have it stop up and refuse to spray?

I ordered a can of ColorRite spray paint about a year ago to paint the used truck spoiler that I had picked up for my RSV. Well because it sat in the garage for a year or for whatever other reason, I found that when I finally got ready to use it, it wouldn't spray.

I had always wondered if you could open up such a can and put the paint in a regular sprayer in such a case and that is exactly what I did. Using an old can opener, I punched a hole in the can. Yes, it did make a little bit of a mess but for the most part, it worked just fine. I ended up with about a pint of good paint. I poured it into a pint jar and put the lid on it until the next day when I was going to use it.

The following day, I head out to the shop, get the compressor and spray gun ready and proceed to open the jar with the saved paint in it. Well just let it be a warning in case you ever try this, the paint that you pour into the jar WILL still have the propellants absorbed in it and when you crack open that jar, it WILL very quickly spray paint all over the place and it WILL completely ruin a nice pair of sweat pants and a sweat shirt...shoes...etc.

All I'm saying is, this works just fine but when you poor the paint out of the spray can and into a container, do NOT seal it up. Leave it vented so that the gasses can escape.

this all took place last weekend and that's all I've got to say about that............. :doh:

Two years ago on Thanksgiving day Taters found out that if you put a 25lb turkey into a roasting pan made for a 15lb turkey, you will get your oven and kitchen cleaned by your local fire company......ps they will also consume 2 pumpkin and one chocolate cream pies in the process along with 2 pots of coffee:rotf:...Taters got the fire out before they arrived.....SHE (Taters) and ovens dont do well together :whistling: just saying.

. Using an old can opener, I punched a hole in the can. Yes, it did make a little bit of a mess but for the most part, it worked just fine.

How on earth did you avoid all the paint ending up on you, the ceiling and everywhere else?

It's not like you could control the flow when you punch a hole in it with a can opener?????

Inquiring minds want to know!

I held the can upside down and then punched a tiny hole in the bottom with the can opener. I had an old towel wrapped around and over it when I did so. It sprayed for a few seconds and did make a bit of a mess but it was soaked up by the towel and managed to save most of the paint.

At about $35.00 a can, I just wasn't going to throw it away without trying something.

Guest RawHide
Well...this is more of a garage or shop tip but I'll add it anyway. Have you ever used a can of spray paint only to have it stop up and refuse to spray?

I ordered a can of ColorRite spray paint about a year ago to paint the used truck spoiler that I had picked up for my RSV. Well because it sat in the garage for a year or for whatever other reason, I found that when I finally got ready to use it, it wouldn't spray.

I had always wondered if you could open up such a can and put the paint in a regular sprayer in such a case and that is exactly what I did. Using an old can opener, I punched a hole in the can. Yes, it did make a little bit of a mess but for the most part, it worked just fine. I ended up with about a pint of good paint. I poured it into a pint jar and put the lid on it until the next day when I was going to use it.

The following day, I head out to the shop, get the compressor and spray gun ready and proceed to open the jar with the saved paint in it. Well just let it be a warning in case you ever try this, the paint that you pour into the jar WILL still have the propellants absorbed in it and when you crack open that jar, it WILL very quickly spray paint all over the place and it WILL completely ruin a nice pair of sweat pants and a sweat shirt...shoes...etc.

All I'm saying is, this works just fine but when you poor the paint out of the spray can and into a container, do NOT seal it up. Leave it vented so that the gasses can escape.

this all took place last weekend and that's all I've got to say about that............. :doh:

I aint saying a word for the above I am LAUGHING MY ASS OFF!

Two years ago on Thanksgiving day Taters found out that if you put a 25lb turkey into a roasting pan made for a 15lb turkey, you will get your oven and kitchen cleaned by your local fire company......ps they will also consume 2 pumpkin and one chocolate cream pies in the process along with 2 pots of coffee:rotf:...Taters got the fire out before they arrived.....SHE (Taters) and ovens dont do well together :whistling: just saying.

You mean you didn't blame this one on your poor innocent puppy :rotf::rotf:

Oh .... Oh.... wait another one -

So your hiding in the closet, stifling the laughter, nearly busting a gut because this is going to be SO funny!!!! Then when you jump out and go "Boo!" the wife doesn't think it is funny at all!

Trust me, Death Valley had nothing on those "dry days"!! Lesson learned!

I held the can upside down and then punched a tiny hole in the bottom with the can opener. I had an old towel wrapped around and over it when I did so. It sprayed for a few seconds and did make a bit of a mess but it was soaked up by the towel and managed to save most of the paint.

At about $35.00 a can, I just wasn't going to throw it away without trying something.

So what "color" are the walls of the garage now??:big-grin-emoticon:

What Don, No Pictures........You know the rules.

And now those sweat's are a lovely shade of..............:confused::shock3: