IGNORED

You aint seen anger issues yet

Dragonslayer

Many of you probably don't know, but, some of you might suspect that there have been periods of my life when I have struggled with anger issues.

Yea thats right, I have times when my anger management techniques don't work.

There I've said it.

This morning was one of those times.

Last night I spent the night at my girl friends, who happens to live in a condo. We have been dating for about a year and last night was not the first night I had spent the night. Nor the first night that my bike spent the night peacefully parked in the parking lot.

But, this morning when I walked out the door the first thing I see is that some A*****E had put a F*****g 12" x 6" orange super sticker glue sticker across the windsheild (right at eye level) of the borrowed Midnight Venture I have been riding which read basically, and I quote

"NO MOTORCYCLES ALLOWED"

So at this moment i'm thinking F**K anger management.:bang head: For the next thirty minutes I very carefully pealed the sticker off the windsheild as my blood boiled, making sure that the sticker came off in one whole piece. So that I could haul a** down to the management office armed with the knowledge:

1. That there is no posted signage on the property informing the general public of that policy and I was realitively sure he could not enforce it.

2. That my girl friend had complained to me on several occassions that she hated to go to the management office because the married Property Manager always hit on her making sexually suggestive comments to her.

Suspecting that his attack on my motorcycle was probably personally motivated against me I sped on down to his office to carefully place that sticker in some conspicouse place while voicing my opinion about his management policy and my anger management technique or lack thereof.

Did I display self control and maturity when I confronted that Property Manager. F**k that.

Was I calm, cool and collected? I doubt it.

Did I handle the situation in the best possible way? Probably not.

Could some of my actions and words be legally construed as Terroristic threats. I'm sure.

Did that Property Manager believe me when I told him where I would shove that sticker the next time he put one on my bike, or what I would do to him personally if he ever behaved inappropiately to her again, as I carefully rubbed out the air bubbles from between the sticker and his office door glass. He better.

Did I feel better as I rode off. Yes I did

Sorry for the rant, Thanks for letting me vent.

I'm over it now.

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Way to go!!! Gotta tell ya .. living around here is one major exercise in anger management ... every waking minute of every day! One of these days, some poor sukkah is gonna feel the effects BIG TIME when I am no longer able to hold myself back!

Gosh Bob, why don't you tell us how you really feel... :crackup::crackup::crackup:

BTW could putting that sticker on the bike be considered vandalism? And I'm sure it damaged the windshield (:innocent:), so why not present the manager with a bill for a new one???:happy34:

Gosh Bob, why don't you tell us how you really feel... :crackup::crackup::crackup:

BTW could putting that sticker on the bike be considered vandalism? And I'm sure it damaged the windshield (:innocent:), so why not present the manager with a bill for a new one???:happy34:

That's a very good idea ... one I will remember if such a thing happens ... and take pics before removal.

I know how you feel. I keep telling my wife that the world has gone crazy but they keep trying to convince me I am the one that is crazy. The manager could have let you know some way other than putting an orange sticker on the windshield. This is a different subject but corporate american has gone crazy and is run by a bunch of idiotic jackasses. It's no wonder companies in the united states can't do anything right or compete with other companies.

Say, what is the best way to get the glue residue off plastic windows?

Some times you have to careful even when you are right.

The "no motorcycles allowed" rule is probably in the condo rules that your GF signed when she moved in there. So it would not have to be posted anywhere.

Have your GF pull out the condo rules and have a look, if the rule is there then your options are limited.

Cage it when you want to visit her.

Have her move.

Find new GF.

If the rule is not there, you may have a better case for vandalism.

The manager may now have a case against you from what you said to him.

If the rules are hidden somewhere in the contract or even posted conspicuosly (sp), there would still be no reason other then acting in a malicious way for putting that type of a sticker on a motorcycle's windshield. If it was managements intent to just warn someone it could have been taped to the seat of the bike as a 1st warning, but not pasted across the shield in the riders sight line. Sorry, but thats just wrong on managements part. I would have been really pissed at this and may have done something real stupid in the heat of the moment.

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Way to go!!! Gotta tell ya .. living around here is one major exercise in anger management ... every waking minute of every day! One of these days, some poor sukkah is gonna feel the effects BIG TIME when I am no longer able to hold myself back!

They say restraint is the first step in anger mangement. I've got to keep remembering that. Unfortunately, I'm getting older and sometimes I think my memory is fading.

Sometimes it's difficult to avoid the erge to go a little "Postal", especially when there are so many jerks in the world. I guess it was a good thing that I did not remember or did not think about the fact that I was packing heat in the trunk.

So is loss of memory a good or Bad thing?

Know how you feel Bob but be very careful til you cool down enough to handle this.

Would like to have seen his face!!

What started out as what I call a "Sh*T Eating Grin" when I first pulled up and he met me at the door, quickly turned into a sort of pukky lip flutter then wide eyed shrienking backstep before I got finished with my little speach.

Can you see the visual?

Hope the day shift person didn't catch all your anger that should have went to the night shift guy..or vise/versa...:whistling:

[/quote]No way My enthusiasm was misplaced. This was the guy, There was no nightshift person. I knew he was the one when I pulled up and saw his little smart alec grin when he saw me and the bike. The sticker had a date and time of 9:00 am Friday and it was only 8:30 am Friday at the time and he was on the only one on sight.

Bob Bob Bob calm down...take a breath...turn around walk away.....then get a running start and deck the crumb....ah the satisfaction and release of emotions...AAAAhhhhhh.....almost better than a ****** oh well you know what I mean.

Sorry people I'm on Bob's side don't mess with my bike. There are better ways to tell someone something than through vandalism of one's personal property. This dude was wrong to stick that on the windshield of a bike borrowed by Bob. Made Bob liable for damages done to the windshield! That's just plain wrong. :backinmyday:

Say, what is the best way to get the glue residue off plastic windows?
Actually RandyR was with me yesterday and he had some Plexi Cleaner he uses to clean his windshield. We sprayed it and let soak for about 10 minutes then wiped it off with a soft rag. Do not try and scrape it off with anything or you will scratch the windsheild.

Bob,

So I guess getting a can of spray paint and writing all over HIS car, (I'LL PARK WHERE EVER I WANT). Would not be the way to go? :confused24:

Well then I guess you have your anger management down pretty good. :clap2: Cause I am 100% sure that painting on HIS car is just what I would have done. That or beating the doo-doo out of him. :whistling:

Congratulations on keeping a cool head! :thumbsup2:

Bryan

24 hours later:

The calm, reasonable, responable adult side of my brain makes me a little bit ashamed of the way I delt with the situation. Because I know that anger can be a destructive influence and is never a good platform to react from. But, only a very small little bit.

The human being with human emotions side of my brain says I should have dotted his eyes and put a knot on his head big enough to require it's own zip code. Probably a good thing I didn't go that far.

I do apoligize to anyone reading my original post that might have been offended by my colorful language. I normally don't talk that way but, did so in this case for dramatical effect and descriptive depiction of my emotions at the time in the writting.

Connie did talk to him after the fact and he timidly apoligized to her with the excuse that he was only trying to do his job. But he did take the opportunity to attack her patio furniture which somehow violates some obscure property covenant written in 1964.

There was no damage to the windshield, but there very easily could have been. Since the bike I'm riding is not mine the possiblity of it being damage while in my care was probably the underlying factor that caused my anger. In the future I won't risk it being damaged by not taking it back on the property.

Connie is renting the condo and does not own it. Her lease makes no mention of motorcycles or offending patio furniture. Her lease is up in December and she was contemplating moving anyway.

In the mean time Connie felt that it might be appropiate to approach the Managers wife who she knows, to make her aware of and ask her to attempt to influence her husbands inappropiate behavior while conducting business on the property. A letter from her attorney to the Condo Association Board might also be appropiate.

With that, enough said on this unfortunate incident.

You can get one of these on E Bay.....should keep them away....I blocked out the 3 letter word.

Keith

A friend of mine has a "empty" pistol holster hanging beside his seat, in VERY plain sight. Seems to work quite well as he has parked in some "not to good of areas" and never had any issues. :thumbsup2:

Bryan