IGNORED

Whats it called?

ken

I have a discontinued piece of chrome cover that I want to put on ebay but I don't know what it's called to label it correctly. It's the piece that goes in place of the stock horn on the 2nd gen. Kinda upside "L" shaped?

Muffin thinks it may be fog light brackets if they are made out of tubing. If you can post a pic it would be helpful.

Margaret

It's goes on the right side just behind the engine. Fills in the place of the stock horn.

It's not the Billet Engine Breather Cover is it? Part #STR-4NK27-15-02. It is discontinued despite still being listed in the 2010 accessory catalogue. It doesn't go in place of the stock horn but does sit in between the cylinder heads (on both sides) and could be mistaken for an "L" shape, depending on which way your looking at it.

Doug

Is it the bracket that someone make to put a Steble horn on in place of the oem?

The PO told me it was a yamaha discontinued part. He put it on when he put on the Steble air horn, which by the way I going to sell also, once I figure what to call the part.

The PO told me it was a yamaha discontinued part. He put it on when he put on the Steble air horn, which by the way I going to sell also, once I figure what to call the part.

I'd just crop out the part and post it. Wouldn't worry about what to call it. I don't know if there's a big market for it because that's where everyone usually mounts their Steble. Maybe that why it's discontinued??? :confused07:

I'd just crop out the part and post it. Wouldn't worry about what to call it. I don't know if there's a big market for it because that's where everyone usually mounts their Steble. Maybe that why it's discontinued??? :confused07:

This one has the steble mounted behind it.

The cover Ken has is the Yamaha ball milled one. I have a Diamond R cover I put on the bike before I won the bid on the Yamaha one on E Bay. That part has been discontinued for a very long time and is hard to find. If the choice was a $100+ cover or a stebel horn showing I would put the horn under the bike and keep the cover. Thats what I did.

Yamaha used to make that part when the '96 - '01 Royal Stars were a little more current. They made a kit to mount the horn up in the front part of the bike somewhere, and then they made this part to cover the hole where the horn used to be. I couldn't figure out any real point to this other than an excuse to make some extra parts to sell. I've seen both of these parts on bikes. There aren't very many of them around anymore. They've been discontinued for a long time. It seems like no one else could see much point in it either.