IGNORED

Lift for 2008 Venture

I need some ideas on a safe system to lift my 2008 Venture for oil changes, cleaning, etc. Any ideas will be welcomed. I have a jack I used on my HD Heritage, but there are too many obstacles under the 2008 Venture to lift the bike evenly. I believe I will have to fabricate a jig to attach to the lift I currently have. Any ideas??

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2673&title=carbon-one-freestanding-lift-adapter&cat=7

This is the way to go.

Larry (Carbon_One) makes these himself, and they are very high quality.

My only regret about mine is that I didn't buy one sooner.

He also makes a model without the legs for a little bit less, but for changing the oil I have found that it is much easier to be able to remove the jack. Not to mention it is much more stable on four legs than it is on the jack.

Do it.

Is the carbon one adapter stand tall enough to allow you to change your rear tire?

Since the wheel needs to come off for this operation, no. I have had my rear wheel off a few times, but it was just as easy put the legs on, jack the bike up enough for the wheel to be removed from under the fender, then lower back down onto the legs for stow-age.

WOW Rick ... either you've never used that jack and stand before or you keep it very clean and shiny!! :stickpoke:

LoL *insert witty remark about 'ol reliable*.

These pictures were taken the night I got the lift adapter (or jack) I don't remember which. But either way, you are sort of correct... As of these shots, this is the first time my bike was lifted by me. What they look like now...well, that is a completely different story! :thumbsup2:

Arg. Time for bed.

What about a 1st Gen machine. Anything similar to this available?

Not needed, as we have a OEM center stand (unlike the 2nd gen). Also, we can put the jack directly under the exhaust, without any problems, if additional height is needed.

:2cents:

I need some ideas on a safe system to lift my 2008 Venture for oil changes, cleaning, etc. Any ideas will be welcomed. I have a jack I used on my HD Heritage, but there are too many obstacles under the 2008 Venture to lift the bike evenly. I believe I will have to fabricate a jig to attach to the lift I currently have. Any ideas??

Thanks for all of the suggestions. If I am not succesful at fabricating an adapter my self, I will definitely order the adapter mentioned on this post. Again i thank you for your ideas. I've learned a lot just reading the posts. Keep 'em coming.

Charlie

Thanks for all of the suggestions. If I am not succesful at fabricating an adapter my self, I will definitely order the adapter mentioned on this post. Again i thank you for your ideas. I've learned a lot just reading the posts. Keep 'em coming.

Charlie

I suppose I could mention that I have seen hockey pucks and chunks of 2x4s used fore and aft to raise the corners of the jack. If you put them on the front and back edges of the lift, they will contact the bike and let the center hang.

Here's another view of the Carbon_One adapter with legs. One reason I like it is that it is secure enough that I feel OK running the bike while it is on the stand. When I change the oil, you warm the bike, and I can do this on the stands. Pardon the clutter in the video.

Dave

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWIMtsJhDY]YouTube - Stock pipes on the Royal Star Tour Deluxe[/ame]

If you are going to do it yourself, somewhere on here are the dimensions for the Carbon_One adapter :happy34: GOOD LUCK!

That drawing has all of the old demensions and I've completely changed it around for ease of use. I only made a few of them using those measurements when I completely revamped the adapter. Yea it'd work but the new improved model is so much better IMHO. Most folks want the Freestanding model anyhow by at least 20-1.

Larry

That drawing has all of the old dimensions and I've completely changed it around for ease of use. I only made a few of them using those measurements when I completely revamped the adapter. Yea it'd work but the new improved model is so much better IMHO. Most folks want the Freestanding model anyhow by at least 20-1.

Larry

I have the "legs" model, and use it a lot.. I wouldn't trust the weight of my bike on my jack so the legs gives the bike that good solid feel when it's secure. Great kit, everyone should have one...

If you are going to do it yourself, somewhere on here are the dimensions for the Carbon_One adapter :happy34: GOOD LUCK!

It looks like the frame is 1 1/2 tubing, with the legs cut at 22.5 deg. angles and the pads welded on. I can probably fabricate it with some creative measuring and cutting up the mistakes and trying it again, and again !!! LOL. I'm assuming he doesn't have a patent on this, but he probably should have.

It looks like the frame is 1 1/2 tubing, with the legs cut at 22.5 deg. angles and the pads welded on. I can probably fabricate it with some creative measuring and cutting up the mistakes and trying it again, and again !!! LOL. I'm assuming he doesn't have a patent on this, but he probably should have.

No patent as cost is more then I'm willing to pay. I only advertise them here at VR and the Delphi forum RSV & RSTD site.

If I was setting up a website and advertising them all over, prices of the adapters would increase, so by doing this the way I do I can keep prices much more affordable for the members here. What profits I do make also help supplement a small pension & SS.

Larry

I received my adapter yesterday and the quality is top notch. Rather than trying to copy Carbon_One's adapter.... better to order one from him. Tried and true design... and you know it will support the bike !

I doubt you'd save much by making it yourself.