IGNORED

Rusell Daylong Seats

Has any of you had made or know of anyone who has experienced a Russell Daylong Seat. They are custom made seats according to your size and weight. I`m 330 lbs and there is to much of me for the stock seat and the horn of the seat is a little uncomfortable. Height is not a problem as I have a passenger " Pro Pad " on the driverseat with a black sheepskin covering that. Would like to get rid of all that and find a good custom seat. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I know several who have them on a Goldwing, and swear by the seat, and its comfort. One of my friends has had his seat on 3 GL's. When he trades or sales he takes his Russell off and puts on a stock seat. I would love to get one for my GL ( They are quite pricey, but seem to be worth it )

I haven't owned one myself. I have a buddy who rides BMWs who swears by them. He's owned three of them, and he said that for the second and third ones, the first thing he did after buying the bike was to send the seat out to Russell. He doesn't waste any ride time on stock seats anymore. I've sat on his bike a couple times, but a short term sit doesn't tell anything, besides, it was custom made for him, not me. I'm a few inches taller than he is. It felt promising though.

I have Russell day longs on two of my bikes. It is the only custom seat I will ever own. They install "leaf springs" in the seat wings for folks over like 225lbs. They require measurements and two photos of you on the bike and passenger if they are building the rear also. Expensive - around $770 (leather) for mine. But after you spend $300-500 on several other custom seats till you get one that works it is money saved. I'm well nourished at 6' and 235lbs and had them install the "leaf springs". I can ride 700 miles a day after day.

I replaced my stock with a Day Long many years ago.(went with the cloth covering)

At 6'03" 260lbs I ride in total comfort all day without any

soreness in my upper legs when dismounting. Wife loves her passenger pillion too.

Best money spent in my mind ... and butt. :sign outstanding:

I have Russell day longs on two of my bikes. It is the only custom seat I will ever own. They install "leaf springs" in the seat wings for folks over like 225lbs. They require measurements and two photos of you on the bike and passenger if they are building the rear also. Expensive - around $770 (leather) for mine. But after you spend $300-500 on several other custom seats till you get one that works it is money saved. I'm well nourished at 6' and 235lbs and had them install the "leaf springs". I can ride 700 miles a day after day.

We're bout the same size and weight...if you happen to come through northwest La. will you holler at me? I'd like to look at one before I order one.