IGNORED

Free air

FROG MAN

Not much is Free anymore. All the local gas stations now charge $1.00 to use the air machine. What happened to 50 cents. I remember when using the air compressor was a free service. Sheetz where the wife works still has free air but not many left that do.Whats next a $1 fee on the Restroom door?

I drove 12 miles to the closest gas station Saturday to gas up the truck. Everytime someone borrows my truck they bring it back empty.:no-no-no: Anyway I took the airtank with me cause my air compressor was guarded heavy by Yellow Jackets and the tractor tire was low. I got pissed at the $1 fee for air and came back without it.The gas station also charges a $1 authorization fee just to swipe your credit card at the pump.

I'm going to put a sign on the mailbox. Checks Free but bills and junk mail $1 please. I could have the phone company charge for incoming calls the wife is free,all others $1.00 except the Mother In Law $10.00:whistling:

I think it has to do with the fact that there aren't many "Service Stations" anymore. Those places had a compressor for use by the mechanics and simply hung a hose on the side of the building.

Now that we buy gasoline at a "Convenience Store" the only compressor on the premises is that slow coin operated contraption.

I think it has to do with the fact that there aren't many "Service Stations" anymore. Those places had a compressor for use by the mechanics and simply hung a hose on the side of the building.

Now that we buy gasoline at a "Convenience Store" the only compressor on the premises is that slow coin operated contraption.

Yes I remember those days when you would pull into a gas station and the attendant would not only pump your gas but wash your windshield, check your oil, and check the air pressure if you asked and put some in. Those days are long gone.

Go to your local WallMart and buy a $25 mini air compressor.

Dimensions are Roughly 4"W x 6"H x 12"L which is easily carryable.

It gets it's power off a 12 volt cig lighter. Will have to check the amperage.......... I know it works on my four wheeler as I've used it a time or two...:confused24:

Go to your local WallMart and buy a $25 mini air compressor.

Dimensions are Roughly 4"W x 6"H x 12"L which is easily carryable.

It gets it's power off a 12 volt cig lighter. Will have to check the amperage.......... I know it works on my four wheeler as I've used it a time or two...:confused24:

Stop and go has a mini compressor for like $34 and it hooks up to your trickle charger plug which eliminates the amperage concern. Got mine yesterday. Pretty nifty little gadget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right, guess they could buy and maintain a compressor and raise the price of their gas to cover the cost of the new equipment. Then, everyone would go where the gas was cheaper and only drop by to get the free air. Free cigars and nickel beer went away a long time ago.

My Dad told me one time that he could remember when he could buy the best cut of steak in the butcher shop for $.10 a pound. He also said that if would have had a dime he would have bought one of those steaks.

Its all about economics. My family has a fleet of 6 vehicles. If I pay the $1.00 per vehicle per month at the gas station that is $72.00 in a year. I went to Harbor Freight and paid $50.00 for a small 110 volt portable compressor. I can air up the tank and take it to the vehicle in the driveway, top off the pressure while the tires are cold and be done with it. I have a portable for the bike that I keep in the saddle bag. It's a Green slime or some such thing. It works OK but it gets so hot I have to handle it with gloves, so I keep it for road emergencies.