IGNORED

Wide Whitewalls

craigatcsi

I am ready for new tires on my 07 Venture. I have decided to give Wide Whitewalls a try. - The wider the better.

I currently have Avon Venoms and are very happy with them, but Avon doesn't make them in WWs

Do any of you have a suggestion as to which WWs to go with?

I also read somewhere on here about going with a narrower front tire for improved slow speed handling. So that is a possibility also.

Craigr

Edited by craigatcsi
Title

The diameter of the stock size 150/80HB-16 and the smaller width size, MT90-16, both have a diameter of 25.100"

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86&highlight=wide+white+wall+tires

MT90HB-16 on the front. This tire is 1" narrower than stock, but the same diameter. bike sits exactly the same height front and rear.

MT90HB-16 (or 130/90-16)

Front Avon Venom-X AM41 MT90B16 74H

Rear Avon Venom-X AM42 150/90B15 80H

(All AM41s are front tires, and AM42s are rear tires.)

150/90HB15 rear: Tires Unlimited is showing it available, as part #T2848922, $142.68.

The actual Avon website does show a 150/90B15 WW ^80H

(http://www.swmototires.com/

Dunlop D404 150/80HB-16 Wide Whitewall Front $98.95

Dunlop D404 150/90HB-15 Wide White Wall Rear $92.95

I have Dunlop 404´s white walls on mine and like them very much. Have ridden around 6.000 miles and have a little more than 50% left. They will at least go 10.000 miles. Great handling and I keep them at 36 pounds. The whitewalls are easy to keep clean and still look like new.

I run the 404's, and like em. I have about 5000 miles on em so far, and so far so good. As far as cleaning them I read on here to try the origional goop hand cleaner. It works good, just wipe it on with a paper towel, dont even have to scrub real hard. Rinse it off with a hose. Just keep it on the sidewalls only. Not on any of the surface that contacts the road.

Edited by bj66

I have the Dunlop 404 WWW tires and have not had any issues and have gone 6k miles so far. I also went to the narrower tire and love it. I will never go back to stock size on the front. The bike rides a lot "lighter" with the narrower front tire, handling at slow speeds is greatly improved and althought others complain about high speed issues I have not seen any issues on the highway due to the new size. Now about cleaning these things. I have tried all the cleaners and a "SOS" pad is the best at cleaning them. I have tried Tire Bright and all the others and some work well but SOS gets em really clean. OF course you gotta get close to the tire to scrub it. I have been unable to find anyting that helps keep the brake dust off the whitewalls so far. I have tried 2 or 3 off the shelf items and finally gave up and just accepted the fact that I will have to clean the tires regularly.

my :2cents:

I have the Dunlop 404 WWW tires and have not had any issues and have gone 6k miles so far. I also went to the narrower tire and love it. I will never go back to stock size on the front. The bike rides a lot "lighter" with the narrower front tire, handling at slow speeds is greatly improved and althought others complain about high speed issues I have not seen any issues on the highway due to the new size. Now about cleaning these things. I have tried all the cleaners and a "SOS" pad is the best at cleaning them. I have tried Tire Bright and all the others and some work well but SOS gets em really clean. OF course you gotta get close to the tire to scrub it. I have been unable to find anyting that helps keep the brake dust off the whitewalls so far. I have tried 2 or 3 off the shelf items and finally gave up and just accepted the fact that I will have to clean the tires regularly.

my :2cents:

Which sizes do you run then?

craigr