IGNORED

interesting maybe

oldgoat

my great niece had to do a research on labor day

she found out that over 70% of the work force work on labor day.

60% never get that day off unless they work 2 years for there company.

over 80% get that day off without pay..

wow some holiday huh????

what better way to celebrate a day for labor than to actually labor :sun::sun:

'Sides, the stats aren't soo bad: 30 out out of 100 get the day off and some 24 of those get paid to boot. Just think, 24 people get paid to NOT work, now ain't that stupid!

Veteran's Day. I never got the day off in 38 years of work but some get it off that never had a uniform on except maybe Boy Scouts. It just always bothered me a little. Nam 71-72. (Not bitter, just bothered)

Now that ain't patriotic!!

Our's is called "Anzac Day" and is a public holiday that everyone has off -- and gets paid for it too.

My wife and I both work for the post office. I get the day off with pay, she gets forced to work her holiday. For 2 days pay. Point that im trying to make is the Post Office claims that mail volumn is down drastically and they're in a financial squeeze, yet they still force employees in to work for double the pay for less mail. Go figure.

I am at work also...Glad to have a job in these times.

So many have been struck down by this economy and I do not think the policies of the government is in favor of getting these folks back to work. We can just hope for some big changes November.