IGNORED

front brake lever

Quick question, I used to ride a BMW RT1200P and was spoiled by the adjustable brake/clutch levers. Im 6'00 and can reach the brake lever on my 04 BUT...does anyone know of a lever that reduces the reach a little bit.

I've looked through the threads and only saw new levers mentioned based on appearance (chrome or flat blade). Thanks for any help.

Clint:Venture:

You could take a Look into the Lucas Bike Program. They added the 1Gen Vmax Levers recently, maybe a Lever from a different Bike would work. They're not cheap, though.

I.e., i modified and mounted a Lever off my 1Gen Vmax and fitted it to the '93 VR.

its not the free play im looking to adjust, more the distance from the grip...I rode that BMWs for four years and put about 120K on them and i grew accustomed to not having to reach much for my front brake lever.

I was thinking about the fabrication side of things...but the price just might make me get over it this little annoyance very quickly. Thanks for the ideas...if i find the right aftermarket one, ill post it on here to let everyone else know.

With all the Aftermarket Fabricators getting into this Market, I'm quite sure there is a Lever which fits or can be modified to fit. Like i said, i ground off a small Piece from the Vmax lever and bolted it to the '93VR. The same could be done with such an adjustable Aftermarket Lever. In Fact I'm thinking about doing this, because I'm spoiled from my ISR Masters and their Levers and i recently added better adjustable Levers to the '09 Max also ...

According to my Wholeseller's Program, the Brake Lever of a 1999-2001 RSV fits on these Bikes ...

Yamaha XV 1600 A Wild Star 5JA1VP0811999 63 PS, 46,3 kw

Yamaha XV 1600 A Wild Star 5JA5VP0812000 63 PS, 46,3 kw

Yamaha XV 1600 A Wild Star/Silver 5JA8VP0812001 63 PS, 46,3 kw

Yamaha XV 1600 A Wild Star/Silver 5JAAVP0812002- 2004 63 PS, 46,3 kw

Yamaha XV 1700 Road Star Warrior 5PX4VP14E2003 86 PS, 63 kw

Yamaha XV 1700 Road Star Warrior 5PXAVP14E2004- 2005 86 PS, 63 kw

Yamaha XVZ 1300 TF RoyStar Venture 5JC1VP0911999- 2001 95 PS, 69,6 kw

Yamaha XVZ 1300 A Royal Star 4YP24YP1998 74 PS, 54,5 kw

Yamaha XVZ 1300 A Royal Star 4YP34YP1999 74 PS, 54,5 kw

So, if a stock Lever off a 1999 fits to a 2004 RSV, all the Levers of those Bikes will to a 2004 RSV also. They don't list a Clutch Lever as of today. but I'm quite sure there will be a fitting equivalent also. Yammi and their Suppliers don't put special developed Levers on each and every Bike Model's Masters.

I would bend it. On the range bikes I put a hammer between the lever and the bar and bend it with an box wrench. On the Venture I think I would heat it before bending to avoid breaking it. Rod

I have considered that...i think i'll buy a replacement one first...so when i hit it the first time and break it i can put the new one back on! :lightbulb: