IGNORED

So what is the purpose of a crotch rocket on the street?

1 Canuck

Ok...so what is the purpose of a crotch rocket on the streets and highways?

I've been passed once again in my lane on the highway by some crotch rockets, while I was doing 105km's in a 90 zone. What's with that?

Are they sold at the dealerships to specifically race on he road?

Are they for the dreamer that pretends he is part of the AMA?

Is it so he can attract attention for everyone to see him speed?

Is it the ultimate adrenaline rush, fun and need for speed? :puzzled:

I suppose everyone has a reason and I'm glad that we have the freedom to buy these things, but what is the purpose? Endangering someone's life is not a rush. I would like to live a long life without someone's help to end it sooner.

End of rant!

The same purpose as a Corvette, Porshe, Camaro, Challanger, '69 GTO, etc.

To get wimmens to look at you and think you are cooler than you are!!! What'd ya think??

RR

PS. Can you tell I don't have a Corvette, Porshe, Camaro, Challanger, '69 GTO, or a crotch rocket?

What's the purpose of our bikes having the ability to run 100mph? We could also pass someone going 100, or 120 in the same lane if we chose to do so. Don't blame the bike, blame the idiot riding it. I had some Moron and his wife (seperate bikes) do the same thing to me once but they were on Harley's. I didn't see them coming and it scared the crap out of me and almost made me wreck. I felt like running them down and kicking someones Azz. The guys wife or girlfriend wasn't big enough for the bike she was on and it looked like she was riding an elephant and just barely could hang on to it while it was running or something. She had no business riding that bike and especially to come flying past me in the same lane like that.

I can understand the HD people riding like that because they got to uphold there cool and tough image, not sure about the crotch rocket guys lol.

Ok...so what is the purpose of a crotch rocket on the streets and highways?

I've been passed once again in my lane on the highway by some crotch rockets, while I was doing 105km's in a 90 zone. What's with that?

Are they sold at the dealerships to specifically race on he road?

Are they for the dreamer that pretends he is part of the AMA?

Is it so he can attract attention for everyone to see him speed?

Is it the ultimate adrenaline rush, fun and need for speed? :puzzled:

I suppose everyone has a reason and I'm glad that we have the freedom to buy these things, but what is the purpose? Endangering someone's life is not a rush. I would like to live a long life without someone's help to end it sooner.

End of rant!

I wonder the same thing ... but it's not so much that .... it's allowing a "new" rider to be able to go out and buy (and ride) one of them. Crotchrockets are, imho, racing bikes that are allowed to be ridden on the street.

What is the purpose of 1st Gens on the street???? Just saying.....:whistling:

That's a Good Question, Anyone know ?

I know , because Dan has so darn many in his yard , there's not enough room left, so there's one laying in the street ! :guitarist 2:(used guitar guy as there is no drum roll avatar)

BEER30

Why do they allow cruisers to clog up all the good riding roads? A friend of mine had the fastest bike(built gsxr 1100) in the area a few years ago. I had a hankering for a crotch rocket and he knew I had a lot of experience riding. I went over to test ride it and he was on his other bike (750 Gsxr). I just barely made it out of his driveway before i got a cramp in my hip area and had to quit. Other wise I would probably have one. Passing in the same lane is a dumb move but the cruisers that get passed on curvy roads shouldn't complain. They have no idea what these bikes are capable of. I have caught cruisers on my dual sport and rather than embarass them just turned off on to a gravel road. I personnaly don't understand the attraction of a bike that weighs 800 lbs and is not a touring bike.

Different strokes for different folks. Some guys cosistantly ride their touring bikes like crotch rockets and then wonder why they are burning up tires. There are ALOT of people that ride that should'nt. Granted, most of the guys on the crotch rockets ride like bone heads. But I have see quite a few guys on touring and cruisers that should not be on them. Personally I could not ride one. My son has the Honda 600RR. I sat on it, that's as far as it went. To each their own.

I WAS gonna say that they're for the tiny girls that ride on the back of them so they didn't look so small on the big bikes, butt then I saw a girl on one Saturday night that TOTALLY destroyed that train of thought!!!!!

I WAS gonna say that they're for the tiny girls that ride on the back of them so they didn't look so small on the big bikes, butt then I saw a girl on one Saturday night that TOTALLY destroyed that train of thought!!!!!

http://video1.break.com/dnet/media/2007/9/361478_da81e364-e466-47bd-b2c9-e665b327bd2d_prod.JPG?1B608EE7AFCE3765E176F3C6FBB98002B3D18C64572F2307D76FA476A274F9B87BC1

The same purpose as a Corvette, Porshe, Camaro, Challanger, '69 GTO, etc.

To get wimmens to look at you and think you are cooler than you are!!! What'd ya think??

RR

PS. Can you tell I don't have a Corvette, Porshe, Camaro, Challanger, '69 GTO, or a crotch rocket?

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

http://video1.break.com/dnet/media/2007/9/361478_da81e364-e466-47bd-b2c9-e665b327bd2d_prod.JPG?1B608EE7AFCE3765E176F3C6FBB98002B3D18C64572F2307D76FA476A274F9B87BC1

That just ain't right! The good thing...I don't think they'd be able to pass anyone in the same lane? :think:

I didn't want to tell him. I think its that age thing. He keeps forgetting who rides the fastest Venture in West virginia now.:rasberry:

Are we getting forgetful Dan? Not on top end....

Must be the age thing again....:sign20: