IGNORED

Solid motor mount print

Venturous Randy

At one time there was a print of all the dimensions for the solid motor mounts noted on here. I made a copy of it, but I not only can I not find the copy I made, but I also can not find the post that had the print noted.

Does anyone have a copy of the print that has the dimensions noted?

Thanks,

RandyA

Randy,

Have you considered using MKII mounts?

The MKI mounts are much weaker than the MKII's.

Below is a picture of the MKI's

The MKII's are still rubber, but they don't have the ribbing around the contact area, which makes them significantly stronger.

I am using MKII's in mine and am satisfied with them.

I thing Skydoc mentioned not long ago that he had put solid ones in his. His opinion seemed mixed about them. One thing I think he said was there was an increased vibration with the solid mounts.

Gary

I didnt notice an increase in vibration at all. The only time i feel the engine more is if I am having an issue with it, like if it needs seafoam, etc. The rest of the time the mounts are great. Mine have been in about 2 years now and nothing but positves about them. the difference in the stiffness in the frame is startling when doing twisties and accellerating.

Brian

I made my solid mounts from the drawing in this thread. I think they are a great mod. Since I installed them my fingers do not go numb and I have not had to use the cruise control. I would have to say the vibration has decreased since I installed them.

I just put some in mine last week and they didn't seem to add any vibration what so ever. It feels like a new bike now. I also added the CondorBrace while I was at it too. Nothing but smiles from me now.

I got a copy of that file for future reference. Thanks.

Bill