IGNORED

Finally... after 46 loooong weeks...

CdnDave77

I am officially employed again, as of Monday morning.

My former employer had to dramatically downsize last year, and I had worked hard at eliminating my own position as I was to be promoted to General Manager. To try to struggle through, they had to cut very deep, and unfortunately I had to go. It was a sound business decision that I would have made the same way myself - their doors are still open but they are struggling. Time will tell.

Regardless, as the automotive business all over tanked last year, there were many, many supplier shops here in southern Ontario which also closed, making the job market exceptionally tight for all. I dedicated 3-4 hrs every morning to just my job search : researching companies, tracking down contacts, cold calling, etc... and now finally, after 11 long months, I am joining another progressive automotive parts manufacturer in a position that I will enjoy. I had an interview Thursday afternoon, and I had a firm offer in under 24 hours, and I start Monday.

I know there are quite a few members on here looking, and all I can say is do not give up. It's hard and certainly frustrating but things do come through eventually.