IGNORED

Not meaning to be a smart a**

footsie

But where are yall able to run 85 mph, around here if you break 80 on the interstate a set of blue lights come on behind you. They are really getting strict in south ga north Fla.

We went to Panama City Beach last week and it seemed that every few miles LEA had someone pulled over. I been driving close to the speed limit myself, never over 75 on the interstate.

In the 20 miles of interstate on the way to work today I saw five traffic stops.

Guess revenue is falling short.

Gregg

But where are yall able to run 85 mph, around here if you break 80 on the interstate a set of blue lights come on behind you. They are really getting strict in south ga north Fla.

We went to Panama City Beach last week and it seemed that every few miles LEA had someone pulled over. I been driving close to the speed limit myself, never over 75 on the interstate.

In the 20 miles of interstate on the way to work today I saw five traffic stops.

Gregg

Hmmm when was the last time you drove around Atlanta? :rasberry: :stickpoke:

Or most any other major city for that matter. It seems the two main modes of travel is either crawling or struggling to keep up.

Speed limit is 70 on the IS and 55 on 2 lanes, but they write tickets at 80 the IS and 70 on 2 lanes. They use to write at 85, but now they are all starting to write anything over 80.

Gregg

And since Ga passed the super speeder law, you don't want to get a ticket for 20 over in Ga. the state adds an extra 200 bucks on the ticket. And then informs your insurance company.

Gregg

I drive no more than 5 over the limt, it just is not worth what speed cost now.

Hmmm when was the last time you drove around Atlanta? :rasberry: :stickpoke:

Or most any other major city for that matter. It seems the two main modes of travel is either crawling or struggling to keep up.

YEAH I know but down here in The other Ga, South of macon, LEA is on it.

Just come through Dooly, Crisp, or Turner counties running above 80, you will get first hand experience with what I am telling you. from the 130 mile marker to the 60 mile marker.

Their out for revenue.

Gregg

I did 360 miles yesterday on 4 lane, primary and tertiary roads and the fastest I had to go was ( by the Zumo ) 73 mph to pass a couple cars on the 4 lane.

Now this will surely raise some eyebrows - I have a Kumo on the rear @ 54lbs. No wiggle, no sway and I can attest to the ability to stop on a dime. Should have gotten the name of the guy that pulled out in front of me but once he got over the shock of the air horn, he was gone.

Anything over 10 mph and they should sock it to ya.

When I was in Florida earlier this year, I, as a general rule try to keep up with traffic. On the Florida turnpike you better be goin 30 mph over the posted speed. So that means you've got people on one side entering and exiting at or below the posted speed limit and people on the other side well above take off speed...perfect recipie for a disaster. :dancefool:

Only hope I'm in a cage when it happens.

Here in IL on the toll roads, particularly I94 which is only 55mph, if you aren't doing AT LEAST 65, you are a hazard.

The average speed is probably closer to 75 and I've done 80 and been passed by lots of cars...

Teaching my 15yr old daughter to drive, had to actually encourage her to go 65mph, as it's just too scary going 55 when everyone is zipping past 20mph+.

105 Dan you having trouble with the shifter. Should be two more gears there somewhere.

Nah, no trouble with the shifter - just keeping it on the rubber :yikes: :stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke: :witch_brew: :witch_brew:

YEAH I know but down here in The other Ga, South of macon, LEA is on it.

Just come through Dooly, Crisp, or Turner counties running above 80, you will get first hand experience with what I am telling you. from the 130 mile marker to the 60 mile marker.

Their out for revenue.

Gregg

Well good (and good to know). The speed limits are on the roads for a reason, and I for one am all in favor of SAFE travel speeds.

Here in IL on the toll roads, particularly I94 which is only 55mph, if you aren't doing AT LEAST 75, you are a hazard.

The average speed is probably closer to 80 and I've done 85 and been passed by lots of cars...

Teaching my 15yr old daughter to drive, had to actually encourage her to go 65mph, as it's just too scary going 55 when everyone is zipping past 20mph+.

Fixed it. Although maybe with the speed cameras they've put in the average speed has decreased a little.

I was on the pa turnpike yesterday and parts of it are 45 mph and 55 mph. On more then several occasions I deliberately got beside a car that was doing about 5 over and I took about 4 miles to overtake them. I ran just a little faster than the car did and when I would get 5 or 6 cars lined up behind me I'd go ahead and pass the car beside me.

The whole ploy was to aggravate them and hopefully let them find the patrol units. Everybody knows that half of them are in unmarked cars with lights in the windows and not on top.

Yeah, yeah I know - I'm bad, I'll go to my corner now :smile5:

Gregg

I think the GSP just likes to try out those Chargers and Mustangs!!!!!

I have a SP friend that once told me if your doing 10 mph over and you slow down when you see him he probably won't write you a ticket... If you don't hit your brakes your in for a bad day...

If your out in the middle of nowhere in sparse traffic I don't have a problem with blowing the webs out of the ole carberators.

However the speeding problem has gotten out of control around all of the major cities in the US as far as I can tell they need to set up speed cameras (automated ticket traps) for our saftey. In an accident situation We "motorcyclists" are the ones that are going to get the short endd of the stick....

As far as drumming up revenue is concerned, I'm all for it. Just don't raise my taxes I'm already tax poor..

Back in the day If I wanted to race someone we went to the Hagerstown MD speedway. It was a controlled situation, fun and if someone got hurt it was the racers themselves. No need to "drag" others into the mess.:backinmyday:

Ok I done now, Sorry for venting but I'm still fuming over the +30 mph idiots on the fla. turnpike..

Edited by CaptainJoe

Coming back from Nelson there was one stretch where the limit is 100kph (62mph) and I was just going with the flow at 140kph (87mph) with some stretches at 160kph (100mph) and I was not passing many cars, they were all doing the same speed.