IGNORED

Finally found my bike

lonestarmedic

Hi to all,

Well, after looking at tons of pictures and spending hours driving to look at bikes I finally settled on one. I will be flying out from San Antonio Tx. to Richmond Va. to get the new baby. It is a 1987 VR dressed out in cream and gold. 41K miles and ready to roll. It even has the Venture Line floorboards. I leave Nov. the 3rd and hopefully ride out for home on the afternoon of the 4th. Mapquest says 1550 miles. That should shake out the cobwebs and dump the stress. Once home I'm sure the work will begin. Checking all those little quirks that the 1st gens. seem to have. Thanks to all of the posts here I should be ready. I attached the cycletrader picture. Bet I have a few more by the time I get home.

Lonestarmedic

take some seafoam or techron along and add some each time you fillup and it will help clean out the cobwebs as you journy along the way. if you keep posting on the forum as you go, i bet you may have some company along the way back home. it's a good chance to meet a few folk along the way for coffee or ride along thru their area. if you come thru the birmingham, al area give me a call and i'll try to meet you, don. 205- 665-5778 hm or 205-329-8855 cell best to call to get me.

Bought my 87 a couple years ago with 60k on it and it now has 75 on it and I would jump on it a run cross country today. You got a very nice bike. The only thing I did was gut the collector (rattle), cleaned carbs and am now an endorser of SEA FOAM it works miracles. Other than that it has all been cosmetic as far as fixing cracked plastic and broken tabs before I painted it.

Trust me you will love it. ENJOY:thumbsup:

Paul

take some seafoam or techron along and add some each time you fillup and it will help clean out the cobwebs as you journy along the way.

DONT take it on the plane!!!!!!!!!!

Buy some when you get to Richmond!!!!!!!!

I'll bet it is aginast airline regulations or maybe federal law to fly with that stuff in your baggage!!!!!!!

Accoriding to the MSDS on Seafomsales.com, it is 25-35% Naptha, which is the fuel used in camp stoves, and therefore you cannont send it via air.....

JB what route are you taking to get to Texas? I am sure that if you wanted to you could meet many fine members along the way.

Let us know.

Take a printout of the VR assistance list with you in case you need anything.

That is a very nice looking machine if you need any info or help make sure to post.

Jeff

I believe in Seafoam. Been using it since you could only get it from Evinrude. Most CarQuest and Autozone carry it. I will publish my intended route later this week. I only need 3 days to get home. However, I am scheduling a week. I need to be home in time to teach Tuesday AM on the 12th. Other than that I intend to enjoy the journey. I will print out the VR list in case I need it. I hope to meet a few of y'all on the way home.

Taz - got ya locked on the cell phone.

BuddyRich - we will go ride the 3 sisters up by Kerrville soon.

Thanks to modern electronics I have e-mail on my phone and can tether it to my laptop. So, I can be as connected (or disconnected!!!!) as I want.

Thanks to all and hope to see you on the road.

J.B.

I believe in Seafoam. Been using it since you could only get it from Evinrude. Most CarQuest and Autozone carry it.

Might check any Wally World's also as you head back. The ones in Amarillo started carrying it a few months ago. They started selling it at first for $7.00 a can, but now have got there retail down below the parts store price around here. Just my :2cents:.

I will be flying in to BWI airport Sunday AM. From there I am getting Amtrak out to Richmond. To fly in to Richmond is 3 times higher than BWI. I will arrive in Richmond about 5-6pm and then find a place to flop. The owner is picking me up at the train station. If needed, we will go get the title signed and notorized Monday AM. After that I will pull out and "Go West Old Man" The rest of the details aren't planned yet. --------------------Might not make a plan. Besides the invitations to meet and eat. Hmmmm, design the trip around the best out of the way spots to stop and eat.

:thumbsup:

J.B.

shreveport la,i'm 35 mls down on hwy 79,stop in,i mite ride on down to san antonia with you you are welcome to spend th night,it about 325 on to san antonia,stop by a $ store,and get a bath rm matt your butt may need it,I 20 is apretty good road,not to much const,

ride safe---903 407 8711----903 622 4076,4 miles south of the de berry causion,lite on the right,big red barn

:cool10::detective: