IGNORED

2011 venture?

bj66

I talked to a rep at the Yamaha tent in sturgis, They had all their new yammies sitting out on display. I walked around a bit then went up and talked to a guy. He asked if i was interested in anything. I told him i was interested in the new 2011 venture. Because they didnt have one out on display. Not even a 2010. I said that I was a member on here and everybody wants to know what is coming. He basically told me "I feel your pain". He said Yamaha has a bike that sells the way it is, and that he doesnt know what they have coming down the pipe. and that he doesnt know whats coming. So I took that as another year of the same thing. He asked if i was interested in anything else. I said that if nothing changes soon I'll be interested in another brand......

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah they are a good bike, but you'd think they would even have one at one of the biggest motorcycle events that there is. They had 1 strat, 2 v-max's, and some of hte other v-stars, and a raider i think. The guy said that the venture owners are loyal, and that if they buy one, they probly will buy another, and that alone will keep the product moving without changing much. Eventually they will sell. Not really a proactive way of looking at things. We have a good product, leave it the way it is and it will steadily plod along in sales. I guess I see their point, but why not try and spice it up some.

I hear ya captainjoe. I ride a tour deluxe, and that bike is done, no more, so that leaves me with the venture if i want to stay with yamaha. the strat doesnt do it for me. If i want to buy another bike in a few years and have it be basically the same bike i bought in 08 with a fairing and trunk. I will so No Thanks. but i probly could still buy a carburated machine. It just frustrates me when I see that. Such a good bike and they couldnt even show one off to the public. I almost felt slighted or insulted might be a better word. Doesnt instill alot of confidence if they cant bring one to Sturgis. I guess they arent proud of them. And I know Sturgis is a HD thing, but with a projection of something like 800,000 people there for the 70th anniv. That leaves alot of metrics driving around Sturgis. But they couldnt bother to bring one. Maybe it was to big to fit in the truck? :smile5:

They had the demo truck at Star Days and I found it odd they still had an 1100 in the line-up for demo rides. why would you keep a bike in the line-up you were no longer making. There was no RSTD there. I understand that the manufacturer has to destroy the bikes once they have been used as a demo rider some kind of Liability.

Well it is alway a very disheartening time when you love a brand and are in hopes of change. I was a kawasaki Voyager rider(XII not the new one) and man I loved that bike, I will still argue that it is the best bang for your buck with tour riding. For many the new Voyager was a slap in the face that had waited 7 years for Kawasaki to come out with a competitor to the goldwing and they came out with a harley look alike. So sometimes you are better off with what you already have.

It is time to retool and remake but it is all about supply and demand, I can say I know several that have bought another Venture even though it is exaclty what they have already. One thing about that you just swap your accessories over. I also know of many that have went to, goldwing, ultra-classic and the vulcan voyager.

No matter what happens there will be many dissappointed!

Folks, I wouldn't put much stock in what the rep said. The fact is, he was just stating his opinion and doesn't know anything. Yamaha has proven year after year that they share NO information about future models with these folks. They are sent out to do a job and Yamaha ill equips them to do that job.

The fact is, we won't know what 2011 will hold until the bikes are officially announced. I personally don't expect to see a new Venture. To be honest, I really don't expect to see a Venture at all. I may be wrong though. They may have something new but I expect that it will be the same or nothing at all. Whenever they end it, I do expect that there may be a year or two with no Venture at all before the new one is introduced.

Now just like that Yamaha rep, these are just my opinions and mean nothing at all.

I tend to agree with Don. "IF there's a Venture in '11 I'm betting it's the same. I really don't expect to see one in '11 and expect a few years to go by before a "new" Venture emerges.

Yamaha builds a solid machine, BUT they do NOT listen to their customers or upgrade their machines regularly. Right now the FJR is a decent sport tourer, however it lacks cruise control (which Yamaha already has on OUR bike) and has a fairing design that it notorious for buffeting and wind noise. Been that way for years. Our bikes still don't have ABS, Fuel Injection or heated grip (again, Yamaha has systems on the shelf but chooses not to upgrade the existing platform). Why, I dunno, looks to me like a few tweaks and tunes from product to product would keep 'em current and improve sales. Just my 2 cents...

have patience guys there will be a new venture based on the new max motor. i fear you will all be dissapointed in the styling, 1rst genners will probably love it. it's all about the economy. all brands are slowing down on new releases. problem is they don't care about our generation. got to go where the new money spenders are. it don't take a brain surgeon to figure out why the new max was built and way overpriced. it was'nt meant to be a money maker. IT'S A TEST BED FOR A FRAME AND MOTOR. GEEZ. just like the original max. :sign brain fart: :sign29:

have patience guys there will be a new venture based on the new max motor. i fear you will all be dissapointed in the styling, 1rst genners will probably love it. it's all about the economy. all brands are slowing down on new releases. problem is they don't care about our generation. got to go where the new money spenders are. it don't take a brain surgeon to figure out why the new max was built and way overpriced. it was'nt meant to be a money maker. IT'S A TEST BED FOR A FRAME AND MOTOR. GEEZ. just like the original max. :sign brain fart: :sign29:

Yeah, but they have there cute little smart phones and Ipads and game consoles to play with. Let us older folks have something.

Folks, I wouldn't put much stock in what the rep said. The fact is, he was just stating his opinion and doesn't know anything. Yamaha has proven year after year that they share NO information about future models with these folks. They are sent out to do a job and Yamaha ill equips them to do that job.

The fact is, we won't know what 2011 will hold until the bikes are officially announced. I personally don't expect to see a new Venture. To be honest, I really don't expect to see a Venture at all. I may be wrong though. They may have something new but I expect that it will be the same or nothing at all. Whenever they end it, I do expect that there may be a year or two with no Venture at all before the new one is introduced.

Now just like that Yamaha rep, these are just my opinions and mean nothing at all.

As a former Yamaha Salesman, I agree with Don entirely. Yama does a good job at keeping the lid on things until the new models are officially released sometime in late September. Who knows...+:confused24:

Hi Don, hope your eye gets better.

I just posted this and more on Yamaha's Facebook sight. Hope they are listening!!:innocent-emoticon:

Guest scarylarry

I feel there will be a change...Why?

Honda GW is , they aren't stupid they know they need to update and they want to keep up, and this is the only cruiser of it's kind in the yammy selection taht offer the option, but this is a guess at best so who knows...

The tape so be it, I love my gauges gives it a touch like no other bike has, and everyone is like wow I love that...

I might have wish I held off and did the tach but then again I can always buy a tach Double D has one on his master cyl. mounted looks great and easy to see.

Bottom line is, there is not a bike with the options out there that I feel as good on if it was I would have bought it..

It kills me when someone says they are going to buy an Ultra Glide if Yamaha doesn't change the Venture. Guess what the Ultra, with the exception of a little bigger engine, is the same as it was 30 years ago. I used to ride a Roadking and almost every part fit for 30 years. The sucess of the Harley has depended on no change, why do you think they still shake your eyeballs out of there sockets at a red light, because if they balanced them no one would buy them.

It kills me when someone says they are going to buy an Ultra Glide if Yamaha doesn't change the Venture. Guess what the Ultra, with the exception of a little bigger engine, is the same as it was 30 years ago. I used to ride a Roadking and almost every part fit for 30 years. The sucess of the Harley has depended on no change, why do you think they still shake your eyeballs out of there sockets at a red light, because if they balanced them no one would buy them.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::smile5:

Guest scarylarry
Sorry for starting this thread. I know that it has been brought up before, but going to sturgis and not seeing it down at the yamaha trailer ticked me off. I guess i just had to vent sorry......

Dude I been waiting for it to start surprise it didn't start sooner, seems like last year was better I heard from everything from a EFI to automatic butt wiper was going on the 2010 and look one color and carbs and the famous tape deck, but still it is good reading and then yammy will unveil and 2 things will happen it will be the hot topic here for months to come or everyone will go pfft and move on...That I can promise willl happen