IGNORED

Do they get better gas mileage?

craigatcsi

I've owned both. Still have the '85, though it needs a lot of polishing to bring it back up to speed. 167k miles extracts a toll on anything.

I usually get in the low 30s. First Gen, Second Gen, it's really all about the wrist Squidley mentioned. (Last I heard, he has both too.)

You see, I think I understand this engine, no matter which frame it's in. It has a sport bike soul. It likes to rev. So I rev it. The active First Genners talk, but I haven't had one leave me yet. Oh, sure, they might get ahead by a length or two, but if they falter, even a little, I'll be passing them.

For me it's never been about mileage. I'm here for the pure joy this platform gives me.

All that being said, the best answer I can give you is: 'bout the same.

I've owned both. Still have the '85, though it needs a lot of polishing to bring it back up to speed. 167k miles extracts a toll on anything.

I usually get in the low 30s. First Gen, Second Gen, it's really all about the wrist Squidley mentioned. (Last I heard, he has both too.)

You see, I think I understand this engine, no matter which frame it's in. It has a sport bike soul. It likes to rev. So I rev it. The active First Genners talk, but I haven't had one leave me yet. Oh, sure, they might get ahead by a length or two, but if they falter, even a little, I'll be passing them.

For me it's never been about mileage. I'm here for the pure joy this platform gives me.

All that being said, the best answer I can give you is: 'bout the same.

I concur professor

:)

And even though my 1st responce was an attempt at humor, all 8 of my Ventures got between 37 and 42 MPG with my riding style.

My 2000 RVS and 2007 RSV gets better mileage my 86 VR.

Earl

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW???????

If first gens are so fast and so good "How come all the first gen owners-----hold it-----

Have Second gen bikes that they ride now????????? yet still have the first gen sitting around!!

Sorry! Had to go there!!!

Personally, I love my Second Gen and Hope someday to have a 3rd Gen and when that happens the 3rd Gen had certainly be better then the current 2 gen or I'll feel robbed. Of course I dont think I will ever "wear out" my second gen, since I only put atbout 16k miles a year on it and its only at 59k now.

I concur professor

:)

And even though my 1st responce was an attempt at humor, all 8 of my Ventures got between 37 and 42 MPG with my riding style.

Ya, my bike gets around the 42 ish mark, depending on the Wrist factor.

Wow Sqidley, you have owned 8 differant Ventures. Now that might be a record. I am going to start a thread to see how many Ventures or Royal Stars people here have owned. Nothing against other bikes or brands, just interested in the Yamha Venture and Tour Deluxe because I own one. I will go start thread now.... Good day... or night...:detective: