IGNORED

10 days, two bikes, one trailer, and a highway to BC

pakidaho

Hello everyone...Erv and I are planning our North-bound vacation. We got tired of waiting for folks to stop by our place during their jaunts via Highway 93, so we shall strike out in search of adventure.

We hope to leave the 13th (Friday) from home along Highway 93 between Challis and Salmon, Idaho and camp over at Wayfarer's State Park near Flathead Lake, Montana. We hope to cross the border at Roosville and on to Radium Hot Springs for Saturday and Sunday night. Saturday we are planning a day trip from Radium to Lake Louise, Golden, and back to Radium. Day 4 would see us going South from Radium to Cranbrook and on to Creston. We would stay the night in Creston, and on the advice of Rocket, would tour the brewery there. Day five would be a ride from Creston to Osoyoos, Day six would be Osoyoos to Couer de Alene, Idaho. Day seven would see us making it to Banks, and then day 8 would have us coming home from Banks. We have pondered the idea of going from Golden to Revelstoke on day 3 and on to Creston via Castelgar, but looking at the route we would take lets us think we may lose our one day buffer, as we only have ten days for this adventure.

We invite input on our proposed routes and destinations, and if you are anywhere near where we are going, let us know so we can meet up and visit.

Thanks, peace out, stay warm (LOL) and hope to see some feedback.

Erv and Teri

If you have the time or can make time. Take Hwy 3a from Creston to the ferries and also 31a from Kaslo to New Denver. You won't be disapointed. I've heard you have some awesome roads around that Salmon area and beautiful scenery as well. I've been close to your area, but some roads don't allow semi's. I really liked Craters of the Moon.:happy34:

If you have the time or can make time. Take Hwy 3a from Creston to the ferries and also 31a from Kaslo to New Denver. You won't be disapointed. I've heard you have some awesome roads around that Salmon area and beautiful scenery as well. I've been close to your area, but some roads don't allow semi's. I really liked Craters of the Moon.:happy34:

Thanks we will look at that.

We enjoy that ride through Craters of the Moon... long and open with some fine desert scenery.

Everything youre going to cover is going to make a great ride, most of your distances arent to big in between and the roads are great with the exception of some construction in a few places. I had heard there is some around just east of Golden, but I dont think it will affect you. I love the riding around the Creston, Cranbrook, Nelson area but a cool side trip if youre as close as Cranbrook might be to go up to Kimberley and check out the quaint little German town and go another 5 minutes and visit the ski hill there. Also close to Cranbrook is Fort Steele ,an old 1864 Gold Rush fort all restored.

Rocket just liked the Kokanee brewery because the tour included a beer or two,,,lol

brian

Everything youre going to cover is going to make a great ride, most of your distances arent to big in between and the roads are great with the exception of some construction in a few places. I had heard there is some around just east of Golden, but I dont think it will affect you. I love the riding around the Creston, Cranbrook, Nelson area but a cool side trip if youre as close as Cranbrook might be to go up to Kimberley and check out the quaint little German town and go another 5 minutes and visit the ski hill there. Also close to Cranbrook is Fort Steele ,an old 1864 Gold Rush fort all restored.

Rocket just liked the Kokanee brewery because the tour included a beer or two,,,lol

brian

Hey thanks very much appreciated. We will be checking Kimberley out on de map and hopefully make time to get there. We brew our own beer and like making visits to brewery's... yep nutin like a free beer.

I sure did like riding through Northern Idaho. Hope to go back some day.

So little time so much to see!!! We hope you get to make it back to North Idaho as well and while your at it stop n see us near Salmon, we'll keep the lights on.

So little time so much to see!!! We hope you get to make it back to North Idaho as well and while your at it stop n see us near Salmon, we'll keep the lights on.

When I was out that way we were just a few miles North of you and didn't know it. Came across on 43 from Wisdom to 93 and went North to 12 at Lolo. Took 12 west all the way to the Pacific Ocean. What a great ride US12 is.

Have fun on your trip.

If you & Teri are thinking you may need a sip or two of that smooth elixer JD/firewater to keep the chill off when you are visiting "The Great White North" make sure you stop at the Duty Free before the Canadian border. It will be 1/2 the $ then North of the 49th. They most likely have those Stoggys you enjoy as well Erv. Our SIN Tax is out of this world. Have a Great time. :canada::canada::canada:

The nicest ride in Canada,imho, is somewhat out of your path.

It's up Hiway 40 thru Kanasakis country.

If you were coming up 93 or going East of Cranbrook thru Fernie you could connect with hiway 40 off hiway 22 at Longview.

Or if you left Golden and went east you could go thru Canmore and connect hiway 40 the from the #1.

93 cuts thru to #1

But like I said it's off your route.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Radium+Hot+Springs,+British+Columbia&daddr=Canmore,+Alberta+to:Longview,+Alberta+to:Fernie,+British+Columbia+to:Radium+Hot+Springs,+British+Columbia&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=50.488969,-115.131226&sspn=1.492341,3.048706&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=8

This route is nicer going from Longview to Canmore as opposed to going north to south.

I'm surprised that no one's mentioned Glacier yet. Staying at Mariners on Flathead Lake puts you in it's back yard..... Brother lives in Kalispell... :)

We hit Glacier pretty hard last year went over the Sun road... was so crowded that it was like one of those rides at a fun park where you wait two hours in line for a three minute ride.... certainly a ride worth taking though and the park is amazing...wish we would have had kayaks though.

Have a great time you two!!!

Maybe we will remember where we put the camera n get some photos...

Thanks we are looking forward to getting outta here.... We both realized yesterday that She who had hair of Red picked Friday the 13th to go...hummmm Good thing we are not superstitious... or are we!

We hit Glacier pretty hard last year went over the Sun road... was so crowded that it was like one of those rides at a fun park where you wait two hours in line for a three minute ride.... certainly a ride worth taking though and the park is amazing...wish we would have had kayaks though.

Our families did it about 4 years ago and musta lucked out. One stop for 15mins and that was it. Smoothe sailing otherwise. You folks have a great trip.... :thumbsup2: