IGNORED

Kelowna Yamaha not the place for an oil change

Yama

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the pleasure of great service in Roswell NM last year. I believe it was Motion Performance on 2nd St. They pulled a bike off a lift to do an oil change for me. Did that delay the other customers service? Not in the least, that job was waiting on parts... Not every job in every shop is being worked on at the same time, a dealer, if he wants a good rep, can work around almost anything. My response to the good service was to ride up the road afterwards and buy a 24 of beer for the shop... (I asked the owner which brand his crew liked. )

If you ever plan to do an oil change yourself, on the run. Most gas stations have free disposable funnels and you can probably find an empty window washer or oil container cut part of the side out. Work and its free.

If you ever plan to do an oil change yourself, on the run. Most gas stations have free disposable funnels and you can probably find an empty window washer or oil container cut part of the side out. Work and its free.

Good ideas ... but as has been pointed out, there's the issue of disposing of the old oil. I wonder if a guy found one of those "speedy lube shops" and did the change in their parking lot...would they look after disposing of the old oil & filter?

Good ideas ... but as has been pointed out, there's the issue of disposing of the old oil. I wonder if a guy found one of those "speedy lube shops" and did the change in their parking lot...would they look after disposing of the old oil & filter?

True, you may have to ask first. Most stations get money for there used oil. Never tried walmart though.

I think Wal-Mart, Advance Auto Parts and AutoZone take used oil as a rule... and I'm sure others.

I know Advance Auto here in Richland and AutoZone here in Richland and in Houston, TX do, don't know about Wally World. In Houston they did ask if it had any antifreeze in it. Otherwise they just showed me where their waste oil tank was.

I too have yet to run into an Autozone, Murray's (which I believe is now under the name of O'reilly's), Napa or Wal-Mart (that have an auto-service center) that won't take used oil. There were a few places that asked what was in it (coolant, etc) but other than that, no problems.

In a pinch you can roll a 8 x 11 piece of paper into a funnel...

I've always changed my own oil and always will... You can get oil at any yamaha shop but the filter may not be in stock, so, keep one on hand in your saddlebag. I change my oil every 3000 miles and have been getting over 200,000 out of my cars even in the 70's. Don't believe there is a single more important thing you can do to your bike.

Being a firm beliver in good things come out of every discussion I have upgraded my profile to assit others. When I signed up, I had no idea of what I was getting myself into, so, I did not offer any more info than the basics.

However, this discussion has brought up a very important point, Our fellow riders will need help form time to time and it may just be you that is the one in need someday.