IGNORED

GW owners have a ??

I found an 06 white with the following:

"Owner is asking 13,500 for an 06 with 20,194, white, just about everything I am looking for in the GW, heated seats and grips, fog lights, floorboards with heel toe shifter, cb."

Is 13,500 to much for an 06?

I found an 06 white with the following:

"Owner is asking 13,500 for an 06 with 20,194, white, just about everything I am looking for in the GW, heated seats and grips, fog lights, floorboards with heel toe shifter, cb."

Is 13,500 to much for an 06?

NO... Very good price.........:happy34:

My Credit Union would jump on this in a Heart beat..... below N.A.D.A. List price

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-23-38-5697-0-0-0&l=1&w=23&p=38&f=5698&m=0124&d=1200019756&y=2006&ml=H&gc=MC&gtc=MC

Had an opportunity to ride a 2001 Wing at the Kruisin the Kootenays rally. Belonged to one of the guys who attended. Thing had 150,000 km on it... looked like new still and WOW is all I can say. I had no idea these bikes were such a dream to ride. Smooth as silk, felt much lighter than my RSMV, low speed handling was wayyyyyyyy easier, and the power.... oh man do these things haull a$$ and I didn't even try to crank it hard.

Would I buy one??? ..... dunno ... think I'd need to ride one for a day or so instead of just a few miles. Wings, BMWs, and Victory Visions are just not my idea of what a motorcycle should look like. heh ... having said that, I just realized I'm sounding like a woman (if the color is right, it's good) ....

Guest scarylarry

I have looked at them and looked at them, I love the power they offer and the ride.

When it comes to changing the oil and from whet I been told and can see that has to be remove and the other side pieces you have to remove to do other service, then there is the ride for someone that is 6'3 it is uncomfortable..

So after weight out the ride and that is what I have to live with the rest I can deal with. I walked for now and will wait till the new revamp ones comes out...

Yammy needs to do major upgrading that is for sure, but I'm happy with being able to service it when I need to and so far the dealer is only need to mount my tires and kicking my legs out..

Good luck George I know the feeling and tossing at night over it...

I have looked at them and looked at them, I love the power they offer and the ride.

When it comes to changing the oil and from whet I been told and can see that has to be remove and the other side pieces you have to remove to do other service, then there is the ride for someone that is 6'3 it is uncomfortable..

So after weight out the ride and that is what I have to live with the rest I can deal with. I walked for now and will wait till the new revamp ones comes out...

Yammy needs to do major upgrading that is for sure, but I'm happy with being able to service it when I need to and so far the dealer is only need to mount my tires and kicking my legs out..

Good luck George I know the feeling and tossing at night over it...

Not sure what you've heard about changing the oil, but it is no harder than an RSV. The oil filter comes off without removing ANYTHING else, contrary to the "official" instructions. Just like on the RSV. Really couldn't be easier.

As far as the ride, bigger guys than you have gotten comfortable.....just have to know the tricks.

Joe

question if anyone knows ... are the handlebars on a Wing adjustable? I found them to be too low and not close enuf.

There are riser kits available. Raised mine 2" and brought them about an inch closer. When you have stubs for arms like I do, that really makes a difference.

Guest scarylarry
Not sure what you've heard about changing the oil, but it is no harder than an RSV. The oil filter comes off without removing ANYTHING else, contrary to the "official" instructions. Just like on the RSV. Really couldn't be easier.

As far as the ride, bigger guys than you have gotten comfortable.....just have to know the tricks.

Joe

Like I said it is what I been told, never spent a lot time researching it, and learning tricks on being comfortable at the price of wing I don't see.

When my legs go straight down like sitting on bar stool there is not much I can do..

Friend of mine that owns one and we ride some told me 5 lugs and the rear tire is off, no removing the saddlebags that is one thing I would like...

oil change is very simple just look under it and see.

seating and leg/foot position is differant but nice; took me about 3 days to get used to it now don't even give it a thought: worst part was getting used to the pegs and shifting as my feet always wanted to go out more forward like on the crusier.

still hav'nt added highway pegs but i am going to

the more i ride it the more i love it:cool10:

dray

Looking at the first picture you should never get bored riding it with all those buttons. :rotf:

Brad

Believe it or not, I find "all those buttons" a lot easier to manage than trying to figure out and remember the sequence of controlling the system with the one controller on the RSV. I was always forgetting how to use that danged thing.

Believe it or not, I find "all those buttons" a lot easier to manage than trying to figure out and remember the sequence of controlling the system with the one controller on the RSV. I was always forgetting how to use that danged thing.

I agree I can go through the controls on the 1800 easy, and figured them out with out using the book ( for the most part ) but the Venture,,,,,,Well ya just need to have the book,,:confused24: When I get the MP3 / CD interface figured out it wont be a problem all I will need then is to remember how to adjust the volume,,,:happy34: