IGNORED

motel bull

mraf

The wife and I haven't been able to do much riding this year due to family problems. But we did get to do two, two day jaunts. The first one was down to Pickerington, Ohio to the AMA museum and the second one to Hersey, Pa. to the Hersey museum. On the first one when we stopped for the night at about 4:00 P.M. we went to two motels that had hardly any cars in their lots and were told that they were full. No problem we just went up the road to another one and stayed. The next morning we were up and riding at 7:30 in the morning. I made sure the next morning to look to see if the other motels that we had stopped at to get a room were indeed full. NOT! I thought oh well their loss and let it go. The next two day jaunt to Hersey, Pa. we encountered the same "full up" bull. What gives? Has anyone else encountered this bigotry against motorcycles? We have ridden in a lot of western states and have never come up against this issue. Is this just a east of the Mississippi hospitality?

we only had one bad night this year, we were told 130 bucks for the night in Bangor Maine, a couple comes in behind us from the same province as us, and he was told 79 bucks for the night. i had a nice discussion with the hotel manager and was able to talk her into giving us the same price. she told me that she has had some trouble with bikers and that is why she charged more if you ride a bike.

now for a totally different experience, we pulled in to a motel south of watertown new york, and it was raining pretty hard. we checked in, got some dry clothes on and went to the front desk to ask where is a good place to eat. the hotel owner said where a great place is to eat, and threw me the keys to his brand new mini van and said there is a cell phone on the dash if we get lost. he would not take any money for us using the minivan. i did bring back a couple of slices of pie as he made the mistake of saying that this restaurant make the best coconut cream pie and apple pie.

Never had a problem at a motel, but the wife and I were on a ride in cooler weather and went to a Village Inn for lunch. Of course we show up in our leathers (it was cold).

5 minutes at the 'Wait to be seated' podium.Plenty of employees looking at us, but nobody wants to seat us. In walks a family of 3 looking like they just came from court (all gussied up) and everyone snaps to and they are shown to their seat.

An older woman comes up and appoligizes to us for the other woman ignoring us and seats us. Turns out she was our waitress as well. She gave us the best service I had ever had at a restaurant.

I have not been to a Village Inn since.

:think:....next time you walk into the motel, park the bike a mile away....unroll the shirt sleeves, to hide the tatoos....spit out the toabacco before you enter the place...i would gargle too, if you have a bottle of water on you....tuck the pony tail under the baseball cap...now make sure it doesnt have a beer logo on it.....tell the rest of the gang to do a better job of hiding themselves and not to keep peeping from around the walls, cause these recepcionists have been trained well......and only come into the single room only after midnight, and make sure they push the bikes in without the engines running. has worked for me everytime!:whistling:

and............................:080402gudl_prv:

Guest KitCarson
Never had a problem at a motel, but the wife and I were on a ride in cooler weather and went to a Village Inn for lunch. Of course we show up in our leathers (it was cold).

5 minutes at the 'Wait to be seated' podium.Plenty of employees looking at us, but nobody wants to seat us. In walks a family of 3 looking like they just came from court (all gussied up) and everyone snaps to and they are shown to their seat.

An older woman comes up and appoligizes to us for the other woman ignoring us and seats us. Turns out she was our waitress as well. She gave us the best service I had ever had at a restaurant.

I have not been to a Village Inn since.

This is what I meant my my statements on Low-Lifes. Forget where it even is now......but the public still views motorcycle people as low-lifes......they are apprehensive about us.....mistrust us.......when in a group.......have had people get up and leave....just to avoid us.......and we were clean cut........so people do still dislike bikers........I think most of them live in fear of walking out their front door.......oh my god a biker.......Kit

Now you know why I said to use "DRY" powder deorderant on your motorcycle.....

:rotf::rotf:

Truthfully, Ive never had this problem at a motel but did have the problem at a resturant in Solon Ohio. They would not wait on us because they thought we were a motorcycle gang..and wanted us out of thier establishment..

I don't even give them the chance of turning me away. I usually make my reservations online before I get there. If I don't make them for the entire trip before leaving, I will make them during the day when I decide where I will be that night. I usually carry my laptop with me and I have even logged on from the hotel parking lot, made my reservations online, then walked right in and checked in. Not only do I then KNOW that they have a room but the price is very often cheaper when you book online. :) I went into a hotel one day, on a business trip and not on the bike, and was quoted $89.00 for a room. I told them that was high and I had seen it cheaper online. They said that the online price was only good if you booked online. I walked right out to my car, got online using the hotels WIFI connection, made a reservation at $69.99 per night and walked right back in and checked in.

I did the same thing, only I used their computer to get the on line price. I asked if they could match the internet price and the lady said she could not, I then asked if I could use the interned for just a minute on their computer and she said "that is what I would do". I the reservation while talking to her. Oh yeah, I was on a bike at the time.

The Motel is Marriot extended stay in Oklahoma City. Also, a storm rolled in and they asked if I would like them to get a tarp and cover my bike. It doesn't get any better than that!