IGNORED

Why Vancouver traffic is getting so bad...

SilvrT

There seems to be total disregard for any kind of traffic laws there. If indeed there are any. No one seems to be looking out for anyone much less themselves. It didn't matter whether they are walking, bicycling, motor scooters or cars.

I didn't see any sort of traffic controls such as stop, yeild, or lights either.

Larry

There seems to be total disregard for any kind of traffic laws there. If indeed there are any. No one seems to be looking out for anyone much less themselves. It didn't matter whether they are walking, bicycling, motor scooters or cars.

I didn't see any sort of traffic controls such as stop, yeild, or lights either.

Larry

Try going to Bangkok...same thing, only they do it faster :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes: The most frightening thing is to be in a "took-took" taxi in amongst it!:crying:

How long have these people been driving?!?!

I can't answer that but I'm a firm believer that when they immigrate here, they bring those driving habits with them... pay off some relative who's a driving license tester and off they go. You can spot them a block away!

I was in Thailand in 72 and I believe the general rule was the one that blew the horn first had the right-of-way. There is a bunch of those videos at the bottom and it is very difficult to figure out who has the right-of-way because there are sometimes several vehicles coming from different directions at once.

RandyA

There was an editorial in Automobile magazine this last month. China has had an explosion of privately owned vehicles, and as the writer put it: "Imagine an entire country filled with nothing but teenage or new drivers with near zero experience!"

Kind of makes driving in Chicago, Detroit, LA or NY seem like a piece of cake!

My Lord, have these people never heard of a brake pedal or has the commies fused their neck vertebra to keep them from turning their freakin heads? Just wondering.......

From my observation of their driving habits here in Vancouver, I'd say you're not far from the truth.

When they back up, they pretty much only use their mirrors and this is probably because most of them are so short they can't see over the backs of the seats :rotf:. They rarely do a shoulder-check look when they change lanes. They seem to have this attitude of "this is my space so watch out!" coz even when they're walking down the sidewalk they'll run into ya...won't even attempt to side-step.

Dang... now here I go ranting! :eek:

I was in Toronto a couple of times and was amazed at the number of East Indians there, driving cabs, that didn't understand english. I had to point to the restaurant I wanted them to take me to.

They pretty much dominate the Taxi business around here. I've lived in a lot of places and even drove cab a few times over the years. I dunno why but Vancouver is the only place I know of where the cabs are fairly new and run around with fancy after-market chrome wheels.

China basically went overnight from everyone having a bicycle or moped to owning a car.

I guess this is what happens when vehicles are introduced? :puzzled:

We could sell them some American cars...at least we'll keep in business making lots of replacement parts.

China basically went overnight from everyone having a bicycle or moped to owning a car.

I guess this is what happens when vehicles are introduced? :puzzled:

We could sell them some American cars...at least we'll keep in business making lots of replacement parts.

now I wonder about that.... we sell them "american" cars ... which are made from components manufactured in China .... which will keep us in business making replacement parts (components brought in from China to assemble the "parts") ???? sounds like an oxymoron to me LOL

now I wonder about that.... we sell them "american" cars ... which are made from components manufactured in China .... which will keep us in business making replacement parts (components brought in from China to assemble the "parts") ???? sounds like an oxymoron to me LOL

You're right! Man... am I out of the loop; we don't manufacture anything over here (or very little) in N.A anymore, for car parts. :think: