IGNORED

Friday Night Moosehead Grill Cancelled

Freebird

OK folks, I'm going to pull the plug on the group reservations for BBQ at the Moosehead Grill on Friday night. Eileen and I drove up there today and it's just too much trouble on top of everything else we have going on for the weekend. We have to reserve their "Party Room", pay the $100.00 rental, pay a per head price of around $16.00 per person and the "catering" menu that we have to select from is basically the same as what we have already ordered for the Saturday meal.

So, basically everybody will be on their own for Friday night. If some want to go to the Moosehead, that is fine and I'm sure they can handle multiple small groups. Some of us usually go to a little place called Scoreboards in LaGrange, about 8 miles away.

There is also a small Mexican Restaurant in Oberlin that is pretty darn good and also a Chinese place in the same building.

So......everybody can decide where they want to go and everybody doesn't have to go to the same place. Hopefully this is OK with all of you.

Don, I have a few questions...

Are we going to have a fire ring, for hot dogs and marshmallows and such?

Are we doing the porta potties? I know several of us had said we would pitch in to cover the cost, and it would be easier on your septic tank.

Don and Eileen:

Thank you very much for all that legwork....there is no doubt, once again, that you have gone above and beyond anyone's expectations! You folks are just the GREATEST!

Mexican sounds darn good to me....

Note to self: Bring toilet paper, lots of clean, fresh, rolled toilet paper.......it's gonna be a fun weekend!!

gunk:Laugh:

Don, I have a few questions...

Are we going to have a fire ring, for hot dogs and marshmallows and such?

Are we doing the porta potties? I know several of us had said we would pitch in to cover the cost, and it would be easier on your septic tank.

Can't we build a fire in the driveway using some 1st Gens....and run to the neighbors for bathroom usage?:rasberry:

Boomer....who's gonna tent it next to a bush just in case....and put pygmies on Guard Duty.

Quaker Steak & Lube is about a 20 mile, 30 minute ride from Don's.

I haven't been to this one, but I have been to the one down in Columbus a number of times.

If anyone is interested I could pursue getting us set up there, it might help Don out.

Below is a link to yahoo review.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-15542480-quaker-steak-lube-sheffield-village;_ylc=X1MDMjAyMjQ2NzAxMQRfcgMyBF9zAzk2NjEzNzcwBGFjY3RpZANbb2JqZWN0IE9iamVjdF0EZ2lkAzE1NTQyNDgwBHNlYwNhbGdvBHNsawNtb3Jl

:feedback:

Gary

Hey, Goose, I guess we can take all day and night now, putting Freebird's bike back together, no rush. :rotf::rotf:

You were planning on putting his bike back together?? That seems like it is going a bit too far. I have found that if I just leave the bikes torn down, I can never be blamed for screwing it up when it doesn't work right later!:no-no-no:

Goose

Well...looks like I will have to follow in the car. :)

Folks, there is also a good BBQ place about 15 minutes away right up 20/480. Famous Dave's. Probably the best choice if you really want BBQ chicken.

There is also a place about 8 miles away in Wellington, OH called Big Dog's BBQ. He usually caters but I also think he sells BBQ there. You may be able to order, pick it up there and bring it back if you want to. I'll have the number if somebody wants to call him on Thursday when they get here.

Monty, yes, I have a good sized fire pit in the back and a smaller one in front near the pond. I also have plenty of firewood.

I never looked into the Porta Potties. I may still do that this week...just haven't done it because I personally HATE those things.

The Quaker Steak suggestion isn't bad either. I've eaten there and it's pretty good. They are all about the same.

Since some are using this as a place to ask question.....I have one.

Having been to a couple meets now, I always have trouble putting everyones name with their screen name, i.e, Ken Minner aka "slick97spirit." Have you ever/do you guys use name tags. I mean there's gonna be 200 people there!

Since some are using this as a place to ask question.....I have one.

Having been to a couple meets now, I always have trouble putting everyones name with their screen name, i.e, Ken Minner aka "slick97spirit." Have you ever/do you guys use name tags. I mean there's gonna be 200 people there!

Yea, we did that in Arkansas last year and it's really a good idea. I think I still have my Cinderella created Tweety Bird name badge here. I'll see what I can come up with for everybody else.

Yea, we did that in Arkansas last year and it's really a good idea. I think I still have my Cinderella created Tweety Bird name badge here. I'll see what I can come up with for everybody else.

Hey Tweety that reminds me you still have you mascot from Cinderella:whistling::rotfl:

"I never looked into the Porta Potties. I may still do that this week...just haven't done it because I personally HATE those things."

Call the neighbors !! :Laugh:

Boomer....who sez there will be ARMED pygmies at his selected bush.:rasberry:

Boomer, sounds like you still plan on being there......any updates on the soccer (oops) I mean fuel pump?

You were planning on putting his bike back together?? That seems like it is going a bit too far. I have found that if I just leave the bikes torn down, I can never be blamed for screwing it up when it doesn't work right later!:no-no-no:

Goose

Well, lets just say, with all the "helpers", the bike may never be the same. :crying:

Boomer, sounds like you still plan on being there......any updates on the soccer (oops) I mean fuel pump?

Waiting for Bubber's spare pump to come in....tuesday....and I'll put it in the scoot that day. Wednesday will be TEST day and loadout for the Ohio Experience.

Boomer.....who's gotta remember to bring chow for the pygmies....and handcuffs.

I never looked into the Porta Potties. I may still do that this week...just haven't done it because I personally HATE those things.

Porta potties ? If I remember, isn't there a large pond in front of your house..who needs a porta pottie?:rotfl::rotf::fnd_(16):

I just know if'n I gotta go #2 really bad, and the bathrooms are tied up, I need somewhere to go. It's either gonna be a porta potty, or the woods.

LOL....I just think it'd be better for those middle of the night pee'ers, instead of 'em goin in the house and waking anyone up. I myself can pee in the woods.

I mean....there's gonna be 200 people there. How many bathrooms you got?

Guest scarylarry
I just know if'n I gotta go #2 really bad, and the bathrooms are tied up, I need somewhere to go. It's either gonna be a porta potty, or the woods.

LOL....I just think it'd be better for those middle of the night pee'ers, instead of 'em goin in the house and waking anyone up. I myself can pee in the woods.

I mean....there's gonna be 200 people there. How many bathrooms you got?

Eat a lot of :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: and I promise #2 will be the last thing you will do....

OK everybody listen up, bring your own TP . Charley has a new trailer, let's see how much crap it can hold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine will be full of BEER, so we cannot use the BEERCART.

BEER30

ROTFLMAO!!!!! And to think I was planning to be on my best behavior.....:Laugh:

Boomer....who's gotta figger a way to keep the pygmies from gnawing up the terlet paper in the saddlebags.:shock3: