IGNORED

Mirrors on 2007 RSV

Guest Banny

I purchased my 2007 RSV approx 3 months ago, have ridden more than 7,000km ( over 4,300 miles ) and really enjoy the ride & comfort of my bike. If I was to say I had any complaint, it would be the "unwelcomed" vibration of the mirrors during travel at highway speed. I have adjusted the attachments etc and all seem to be fitting tight. I have previously owned 7 other bikes, and have not experienced this amount of vibration before. Never owning an RSV before, I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. The vibration is bad enough, that I cannot visually make out details of vehicles behind me.

I would really appreciate your feedback!

Thanks in advance,

Kirk :canada:

Guest KitCarson
I purchased my 2007 RSV approx 3 months ago, have ridden more than 7,000km ( over 4,300 miles ) and really enjoy the ride & comfort of my bike. If I was to say I had any complaint, it would be the "unwelcomed" vibration of the mirrors during travel at highway speed. I have adjusted the attachments etc and all seem to be fitting tight. I have previously owned 7 other bikes, and have not experienced this amount of vibration before. Never owning an RSV before, I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. The vibration is bad enough, that I cannot visually make out details of vehicles behind me.

Thanks in advance,

I am still learning about this new Venture I have...mine is a 2007.....the mirrors and ride is super smooth....no shake....no vibration,

if all the mounting locks are tight.......and rest of the ride is smooth...really only leaves on thing.......something going on with the handlebars. I know you would notice if they were loose.......something going on there though. .next thing I would suspect is way too much air in the front shocks. I have played with that some.......I did notice with more than 5 pounds in the front shocks.....I got some vibration.......did not like the feel of the front end......went back to factory zero air in shocks.......which I am sure also varies with front tire size and brand......which brings me to the final check......an out of balance or out of round front tire. Kit

, it would be the "unwelcomed" vibration of the mirrors during travel at highway speed. . Never owning an RSV before, I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. The vibration is bad enough, that I cannot visually make out details of vehicles behind me.

Thanks in advance,

Kirk, The left mirror on my 06 Midnight was loose in the housing.

It was like it had only one spot of glue in it, the one on the right was fine and didn't move. You could take your thumb and move the left mirror around in the frame, and at highway speed a car, in your rearview would appear 3 or 4 images all moving together and cloudy. Took it by the dealer and tech saw how it was loose with finger pressure and able to move around in frame, he called Yamaha rep and got me a mirror from bike on showroom floor problem solved.....gently push on your mirror glass if it moves alot take it back to your dealer. Good luck ride safe..

my 99' has Kury handlebar grips with NO weights, and the mirrors are very stable. I also have the longer mirror arms.

Good luck, you will find the cause with all of the help around here!!

Longer mirror arms? What are those and where did you get them?