IGNORED

darn potholes in the road

riding down the road everything going nice and then you hit a pot hole... no not marijuana but a real life hole in the road... deep enough that your venture takes a dive and when you recover you find out that the front of your engine hit on the way out of the hole... it busted the piece on the bottom half of the part where the oil filter goes in.

Cleaned it up real good, bought an oil filter adapter so that a spin on filter would work...

jb welded the area underneath but it still has a drop, drop effect to it.... not going to take the motor off and apart to replace the block, but wondering if there is some kind of kit that will fix this? relocate the oil filter maybe? I mean I can take the in and out holes where the oil filter goes and thread them and then the oil will stop leaking... I was kind of hoping others have done this and might be a sensible fix... I do understand that if I were to thread the holes that id have to be real careful about metal shavings...

thanks in advance for any helpful comments... :mad:

I'm sitting here thinking, how in the heck can someone hit the bottom front of an engine in a pot hole?? The forks bottom out at 5.5 inches. The tire would have had to have blown to get that pot hole edge close enough to cause any damage other than frayed nerves.... How deep was that sucker anyway?? :confused07:

There was rider here in Omaha early this season, before the salt and gravel were gone, that claimed he hit a pot hole and lost control and crashed his bike. He's been stating that he's going to sue the city for damage to his bike and the medical bills for his road rash.

Waiting to see how that one turns out. Now the street here are still a mine field from the nasty winter we had, but still, we all know the risks of riding and with less than ideal roads that risk is increased. Apparently he was not wearing proper gear either if he pulled as much rash has he claimed.

But on the other hand......the city has done a pretty poor job of getting the streets back in shape.......maybe they need to be held responsible in some cases. The shoulders of I-80 look like a hub cap flea market in some areas.

this sounds nasty. at first i thought he put a hole in the bottom of the engine? but where the oil filter goes man that sucks. now when i was a kid i did take out a couple oil pans on a few cars dont ask:rasberry:

Waiting to see how that one turns out. .

Not sure I would wait I would report right away, as it could help his case and yours.

You call that a pot hole. Good luck getting it fixed up

Brad