IGNORED

Brake questions

BigBear

I've got an 08 RSV, and I'm replacing the brakes this weekend with EBC sintered pads. Which kind of stuff goes on the back of the pads to prevent sqealing?

Seems there are two different kinds of goop, one for organic pads and one for ceramic pads. Which one?

Since I have not changed the brake fluid...is it safe to assume that an 08 RSV uses DOT 4 brake fluid?

I've got an 08 RSV, and I'm replacing the brakes this weekend with EBC sintered pads. Which kind of stuff goes on the back of the pads to prevent sqealing?

Seems there are two different kinds of goop, one for organic pads and one for ceramic pads. Which one?

Since I have not changed the brake fluid...is it safe to assume that an 08 RSV uses DOT 4 brake fluid?

didn't realize that there was different kinds of goop for the back of the pads, but it should be stamped on the master cylinder what kind of brake fluid to use.

I bought a small tube of "anti-squeal" "goop" (can't recall the name of it) and applied a small film between the metal of the caliper piston and the brake pad back as well as any of the "metal-to-metal" contact points that the pads rest against and slide.

Totally got rid of any brake squeal that I was getting, especially on the front.

sound like Eck being goosed by Squidley on a hot summer evening.......:smile5:

hmmmmmmm... dunno what ya'lls interpretation of "goosed" is but around these parts, that is not a pretty sight no matter which guy is goosing which other guy....

eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww :eek: :eek: :eek:

I bought a small tube of "anti-squeal" "goop" (can't recall the name of it) and applied a small film between the metal of the caliper piston and the brake pad back as well as any of the "metal-to-metal" contact points that the pads rest against and slide.

Totally got rid of any brake squeal that I was getting, especially on the front.

You shouldnt get any squeal with the EBC pads, unlike the stock pads, which sound like Eck being goosed by Squidley on a hot summer evening.......:smile5:

Same as SilvrT said, but include the caliper bolts too as well as the back of the brake pads.

While I agree with Ruffy that you shouldn't get any squeal with the EBC pads, I used the EBC pads and still had a nasty squeal. It was less than the stock pads, but it still was an embarrassing squeal.