Put E3 on back of my 2007 RSV. After about 5000 miles its already squaring off and starting to make a high pitched howling sound. Been riding some twistes to round it up again and it is slowley getting better. I do alot of straight line riding but I didn't expect the tire to do this so quickley. I used to run E2's on my VR with the same type of riding a did not have this problem. Any one else have there rear tire do this?

I've got approx.11500 miles on myE3's Most of it is 2up riding. We ride more twisties then flat (straight line) riding. I'm not a little guy about 270lbs.. I keep my air pressure--rear 41psi and front at 38psi. I check the tire tread depth every now and then, On the rear I still have around 4mm of tread left. The front tire has around 3mm... I also seem to get my best gas milage with these pressures. I don't know what pressure you ride with, but you might try experimenting with different pressures

Hope this helps you a bit.

we are running e3's. Not having that problem with rear but, don't just run the highway either. not a lot of hard curves but I guess run enough to keep it rounded.

now for the question - Just changed out the front - got about 10,000 miles out of it. Seems awful low. Kept the pressure at 41, as said - don't ride outlandish. Was down into the wear bars pretty good - not slick but well worn. what kind of miles are you getting out of your front?

I got over 11000 miles on an set of E3's...lots of straight line roads over here. Mine also is noisy in the curves but not as bad at the orginal 404 that came on it.

I have 5/32 left on my rear tire. I run 40 PSI (max pressure on the side wall) in the rear and check it evertime before I ride.

I've got about 13,000 on mine and still look great. Love them. People I've talked to say they are getting 18,000 and up on a set. I saw where someone was running 41lbs in there tire. If you are running that much or more that might be the problem. The max tire pressure rating on the E3's is 40lbs. I run about 38lbs. You may also have just gotten a bad E3.:confused24:

I have been running 40 lbs in the rear tire. I changed it to 38 lbs to hopefully force a different wear area on the tire. I used to get 24 to 26,000 miles on the E2. I am still running the original 404 on the front with 19,000 miles, it is starting to cup. It will be gone by the end of summer. Was hoping to put a E3 on the front but maybe not.

You may want to try the Michelin Commanders. I am running a set of those on one of my bikes and I have no complaints. People tell me they get about 13,000 to 15,000 miles out of a set. I have about 9,000 on mine and they still look great. I got a flat on the rear around 4,000 miles and plugged it and have been running on a plug since then. I prefer the E3 but the Michelin is doing fine. :thumbsup2:

Got 21k out of the front and about 12-14 on the back. Like the tires - they ride great especially on cracks and such but, the e3's are better in the rain didn't cup as bad. Was just hoping to get more miles, That was why we switched. The back e3 we just replaced went 12 or 14k (don't remember for sure) so, it was close to the mich but the front just seemed to burn down fast. checked the air at least every 2 weeks and it was never low 38 vs. 41 just isn't going to make that big a difference - gauges are likely to have that much variance. Went back to the shop and checked - it was 71H rated and so is the new one - we'll see how it does. If it only makes 10k, will be going back to the commanders - shying away from the avons for now.

What are you guys grinding your tires on? :confused24::confused24:

Never got below 16000 on the rear E3 and just put a new front on right at 30,000.

99% 2 up and we are not sitting still, lots of 80 and 90 mph rides between here and there.

Something is definitely wrong if you are only getting 10,000 on the front and about that on the rear.

What are you guys grinding your tires on? :confused24::confused24:

Never got below 16000 on the rear E3 and just put a new front on right at 30,000.

99% 2 up and we are not sitting still, lots of 80 and 90 mph rides between here and there.

Something is definitely wrong if you are only getting 10,000 on the front and about that on the rear.

apparently rougher asphalt than you are. We don't have terrible roads - the occasional chip/seal patch but not for any distance. have a mild mountain run every morning and night. I double checked my mileage #'s and even called the shop to have them check theirs - figured maybe I forgot to write something down. Have been riding hard but not that hard:confused24: will see what this one does and may go back to the commanders. Do like the ride on the e3's though.

I've got approx.11500 miles on myE3's Most of it is 2up riding. We ride more twisties then flat (straight line) riding. I'm not a little guy about 270lbs.. I keep my air pressure--rear 41psi and front at 38psi. I check the tire tread depth every now and then, On the rear I still have around 4mm of tread left. The front tire has around 3mm... I also seem to get my best gas milage with these pressures. I don't know what pressure you ride with, but you might try experimenting with different pressures

Hope this helps you a bit.

Posted on my rear E-3 tire it says the max pressure is 40psi. I know it's only 1psi, but I just don't feel comfortable running more pressure than it says to.

How accurate is any guage? If your showing 40lbs you could be running 45 or 35. Unless you check with at least two or three guages and unless they all read the same which one is accurate? Do you take an average? I just buy a good tire pressure guage and assume it is right.:confused24:

I tried all 4 of my gauges and had a 6 lb variance between them. They were all repeatable. So I took the gauge that I liked to use and played with the pressure till it felt like I wanted it to, and then just use that gauge and number when checking or adjusting pressure.

I have no idea what my actual pressure is.

Can't say that I ride A LOT of twisties, but I am at 17,000 on my E3s and they show now signs of wearing flat across the center. I would like to get a lot more mileage out of them, but will probably be replacing them within the next 3,000 to 4,000 miles.

I will be putting on another set of E3s.

:scratchchin:

Can't say that I ride A LOT of twisties, but I am at 17,000 on my E3s and they show now signs of wearing flat across the center. I would like to get a lot more mileage out of them, but will probably be replacing them within the next 3,000 to 4,000 miles.

I will be putting on another set of E3s.

I'm not sure how long it took you to put 17,000 on your bike, but if you're like most people, that could be about 3 years. If that's the case, lookout for weather cracks in the tread and the side walls! I have had new tires start weather cracking after a year, and when I looked at the build date on the side wall, the tires were 3 years old when I got them. Sometimes they sit in a warehouse for along time. Just food for thought!

shying away from the avons for now.

My Avons are doing great, and even with the few complaints of Avons cracking, I have not heard one person say they chunked or failed like the Metz. And it seems Avon has replaced all the cracked tire, no questions asked. Personally I'm sticking with the Avons.

:scratchchin:

I'm not sure how long it took you to put 17,000 on your bike, but if you're like most people, that could be about 3 years. If that's the case, lookout for weather cracks in the tread and the side walls! I have had new tires start weather cracking after a year, and when I looked at the build date on the side wall, the tires were 3 years old when I got them. Sometimes they sit in a warehouse for along time. Just food for thought!

17,000 miles in 22 months. I've been keeping an eye on them. No cracking yet.