IGNORED

Issues with DGY

1BigDog

I seem to be having issues with DGY on their discount program. Since they are a vendor who offers us discounts I had asked Don about it and he has spoken to them. They had promised to apply the discount (18%) but never did. My issue really isnt so much the discount at this point, but rather DGY's failure to acknowledge the e-mails. Their service was great and the items were received on time. I have pasted the Thank You e-mail that I received today below with my response heading up the e-mail:

The following is in response to the Thank you e-mail that I received today:

I have sent you 2 e-mails and called the 800 # concerning an 18% OEM parts purchase discount that was supposed to be applied to my order for being a member of VentureRider.org. To date I have not received a reply to either e-mail, nor was I successful in getting this corrected on the phone as no one at DGY would help with this issue. While the parts were received in a timely manner, as you can see from this final invoice, the discount was not applied. You are listed on our club website as a vendor who promised to give discounts on parts ordered from your company. Obviously, this is not the case and I will be posting this on our 3500 member website soon. As I had stated in my previous e-mails, I had asked that the discount be applied or if the discount program was discontinued to please let me know. This has not been done in either case. Your reply at the bottom of the invoice clearl states to feel free to contact DGY with any question that you may have. To date, my e-mails have gone unanswered. This is not a good way to do business.

Jeff Koppelman, VentureRider member

-------------- Original message from : --------------

> To: Jeffrey Koppelman

>

> Thank you for purchasing with DGY Motorsports.

> Your order reference number is: 418099.

> Date shipped:10/12/2007

> Shipping method:USPS Priority Mail

> Order tracking number:21038555749102259697

>

> BILLING INFORMATION:

> Jeffrey Koppelman

> **************

> Jacksonville FL 32225-4014 United States

>

> SHIPPING INFORMATION:

> Jeffrey Koppelman

>**************

> Jacksonville FL 32225-4014 United States

>

> PRODUCT INFORMATION:

> Part Number: 4BH-14714-00-00

> Description: GASKET,MUFFLER for Yamaha

> Order Quantity: 4

> Shipped Quantity: 4

> Unit Price: $13.46

> Total Cost: $53.84

>

> ORDER TOTALS:

>

> Item Total: $53.84

> Tax: $0.00

> Shipping: $16.00

> Order Total: $69.84

>

>

>

> Thanks!

>

> Thanks again for your purchase and please feel free to contact us with any

> questions you may have with your order.

>

> DGY Motorsports

> 216 Ogden Avenue

> Downers Grove, IL 60515

> 877-743-3349

> Email: customercare@dgy.com

>

Thanks for the report and I am sorry this happened. I found out that the man who set this up for us is no longer there. I called last week and was told that the computer system that they use for the discount codes was down but that the discounts would be manually applied. That is apparently not happening. I am removing DGY from our supporting vendors area until further notice.

Don

I hate hearing this, because DGY was a very big contributor to Vogel III, by donating many, many items for our raffles and door prizes, they helped us raise a lot of money for St. Jude Hospital. I hope they get this straightened out. Things happen and sometimes it just slips between the cracks for some unknow reason, lets just hope this is just some lackey not doing their job and somebody steps up to the plate to straighten out this situation,,,,,,,,,,I will be waiting for a favorable outcome.............:whistling::whistling:

This was the same guy that had a RSV for sale and someone from Indianapolis was going to fly up here and take a look at it to buy but in the meantime he had someone drop in and look at it and it was pretty beat up. I believe the salesman had said it was in excellent condition over the phone.

Now remember I have CRS at times but I believe that's the way it went.

Jerry

I had previously ordered a pretty big amount to DGY thru Rod (I think was his name. The fellow Don is refering to anyhow) a while back. $2600 worth in fact. I did have to go thru personal at the time in order to get the Venture Riders 18% discount. That order was recieved in a timely manner I might add and did save me just over $1200.

I placed a second order recently and hadn't heard back from them so sent off a e-mail earlier today. I did make one mistake with a part number so I'm at fault possibly there. Today I corrected it thou. Still waiting for a response but if it's not forth coming soon I'll call them. If the order hasn't even been processed yet I'm cancelling it and ordering elsewhere.

Larry

I sent them an email early this morning and then called them around noon. I have not received a response to the email When I called, I was told that the person who now handles this was off today but would be in tomorrow. I am trying to remain positive and hope that I hear from him tomorrow.

I finally spoke with the guy today who is handling the internet parts sales. His name is John. To be honest, he seems to have just a bit of an attitude but said the right things. He said that he knows about the problem and is working on it. Said that he had spoken to Larry today and according to him, everything is OK with him. He told me that he would be calling you Jeff and that he WOULD give you the credit for the discount. We'll see.

Thanks Don. You know, from what I have read DGY has done some good things for us such as donating prizes, etc. I really hated to make this such an issue but I was a bit put off when they failed to respond to my e-mails. A simple response was all that I was looking for. After seeing the post about Gary and Leslie...it all seems so puny compared to their problems. Kinda really puts things into perspective real fast.

Another day and still no e-mail from DGY....after a week and 3 e-mails and still no answer I am done doing business with them. There are far too many other businesses out there to deal with.

This is just a personal observation on my part and my own opinion: While DGY offers a good price on their OEM parts compared to other OEM dealers (DGY was much cheaper than my local dealer), their shipping prices are way out of line. I was charged 16.00 for shipping a package priority mail with signature service, which I did not request, on parts that were feather light and it all fit into a padded envelope. Postage should not have been more than 6.00 dollars tops. Totalling in the shipping, it was almost as expensive as going to my own dealer, but with the so called 18% discount it would have made a small difference. But hey...they even failed to include said discount. Soooooo so long DGY.

That is inexcusable. I am done with them also and sorry that this happened to you. I have just send a strongly worded email to them. The fact is, they were a good vendor for us but apparently since Robert Levorse has left there, this new guy John has much to learn about customer service. I wish I had a name and/or email for the owner of that dealership. Would love to make sure that HE knows what is going on. Maybe he wouldn't care but I would sure make sure that he knows.

Sorry to see this happening to you Ruffrider. As Don noted John had called my house to verify my order. I wasn't available at the time so he left a message. We called back later and verified my order so all is good on my order.

I do have to admit the hold up on my order was my fault as I typed in a wrong part number, John requested a corrected number but I let it fall thru the cracks so to speak. After not getting my order is when I sent off the e-mail as stated earlier.

I do hope that DGY does get their problems ironed out. But as Don and Ruffrider says poor service is no excuse for any business. Not when there's so many others willing to serve you.

Larry

That is inexcusable. I am done with them also and sorry that this happened to you. I have just send a strongly worded email to them. The fact is, they were a good vendor for us but apparently since Robert Levorse has left there, this new guy John has much to learn about customer service. I wish I had a name and/or email for the owner of that dealership. Would love to make sure that HE knows what is going on. Maybe he wouldn't care but I would sure make sure that he knows.

Same thing it seems with too many dealers and all businesses in general. Customer service is the exception and no longer the rule. Same thing I went on a Rant about over on the Touring Hogs forum. My Yamaha dealer made me so mad, I've been out looking at HD's. I know the dealership I'm going to and they are TOP Notch.