IGNORED

Best Ventilated Helmet

CaptainJoe

I don't wear a full face but there are a lot of threads here about what folks do wear. Do a search for helmets and you'll find a LOT of information.

Webbike World also has some very good reviews on a lot of different helmets.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmets.htm

You will also get differing opinions in regards to whether the Snell rating is preferable to the DOT rating. Some tests indicate that it is not but since you want Snell rating, I won't go into all of that.

I got the Shark Evoline last year and have ridden in everything except 90 degree plus weather so far. Good airflow when I want it and LOW airflow when I need it! I love this helmet, it is replacing three that I had before.

Not DOT but I don't worry about that. I want Snell when in a car, but for a motorcycle, I think a quality DOT is just fine. Unless you get an actual discount on your insurance for having one (I doubt it) then buy what you like, what fits and feels good and you can afford.

I got the $500.00 BELL Star helmet for $209.00 to my door, From "motorcyclecloseouts" Its moves alot of air. And is very nice, comes with a nice bag and I think BELL is throwing in a xtra shield if you buy one. Dont know if they are still doing that thou.

• 5 months later...

Contact Overby's Two Wheel sound in Murray KY. He has Arai, Nolan and another brand. I just bought two full face Arai helmets there this past Friday. They are older helmets but new in the box. They are the Arai, Signet Series. Very light, very comfortable. I live close enough, fortunatley that my wife and I went there and tried the Arai on. He fitted us properly with the right size cheek pads. We gave $250/helmet. These were over $500.00 before they were discontinued a couple of years ago.

You can call them at (270) 753-4092 or 1(800) 992-4092. There email is info@twowheelsound.com and there website is twowheelsound.com.

Sincerely,

Damon

Just bought my wife a Scorpion EXO900 for $229.00 So far she loves it!

She has a very narrow head and it fits well. Other helmets she's had were wide enough to allow air to flow past her ears and make her ears ring.

It also converts to a 3/4 helmet.

Has a built in sun visor.

Dave

i got the $500.00 bell star helmet for $209.00 to my door, from "motorcyclecloseouts" its moves alot of air. And is very nice, comes with a nice bag and i think bell is throwing in a xtra shield if you buy one. Dont know if they are still doing that thou.

+1 :12101:

The Snell vs DOT rating is that Snell has the same tests as the DOT, but has additional tests that the DOT's do not require. If I have this wrong, then please correct me??

http://www.smf.org/articles/dot.html

Snell rated I believe if I remember right is a harder shell but thats not necessarily good supposedly the DOT rating is actually better when you have an impact it is less jarring to your brain then a Snell rated helmet. DOT dissipates the impact better