IGNORED

Aux Tank for Venture (Hannigan)

Monkei

Talked with Hannigan Motor Sports this morning about the auxiliary fuel tank they will be offering for their trike conversion kit.

It is still in R&D and no date is available as to when it will be available.

The tank will be 5 gallons.

It will be placed under the passenger seat and a filler nozzle nearby with key

The unit will not be a gravity fed unit and will have a pump and switch.

The price with be just under 700.00 and does not include installation.

Talked with Hannigan Motor Sports this morning about the auxiliary fuel tank they will be offering for their trike conversion kit.

It is still in R&D and no date is available as to when it will be available.

The tank will be 5 gallons.

It will be placed under the passenger seat and a filler nozzle nearby with key

The unit will not be a gravity fed unit and will have a pump and switch.

The price with be just under 700.00 and does not include installation.

I added a 4 gal tank to my trike this past winter. Built it myself thou and used a electric fuel pump, a relay, a toggle switch, a pair of electric fuel shut offs, and a locking fuel cap & filler tube. I couldn't find a tank that would fit my Tri-Wing trike so just built my own. After seeing the price of Hannigans I'm sure glad I did.

My electical set up will have the auxilary fuel tank switched on thru the relay and when on will turn off the stock fuel pump as well as block the stock tank fuel line. This way no fuel can bypass back into either tank depending on which one is currently being used.

Larry

When I built My TRi-Wing Kit I add a tank were the rear tire was and up and out . It looked like a "T" I used a boat filler that screws in tight and came thru the body next to the seat. Works great .

I just split the main fuel line before the fuel pump added two shut off switches one for the bike tank and one for the added tank. My tank I built holds 4.7 gals. Most people have to stop before you hit the 200 mile mark anyway but some like to push it all the way. Most of the people I ride with call my the tanker now. I was thinking of adding a transfer hose with its own pump to refuel on the go. AH maybe not a good idea LOL

Have a great ride

:thumbsup2:

• 1 month later...

Yea that is one of the two most asked questions, Can I get Reverse, and extra gas. The gas is taken care of now ( cross my fingers ) the reverse is in the works, but not from Hannigan,,,:scratchchin:

I have been talking with Hannigan about the aux fuel tank ... they keep saying they are under development ... will keep pestering them but they don't seem to be in any hurry.

It has been released for sale as mentioned above, just not for retro fitting.

It has been released for sale as mentioned above, just not for retro fitting.

Not doubting or questioning you, I just know what they told me last week ... said they had a bike there that they were going to test it with ... I volunteered mine ... just passing along what I was told.

You may want to call them again,,, :confused24: I will post a picture of it next Friday when the kit is delivered,,:happy34: Still as of right now ( as I understand it ) not for retro filling into existing kits, but may be later on. The last kit I did ( two weeks ago ) had the tabs welded onto the frame. So retro fitting will require some welding.

You may want to call them again,,, :confused24: I will post a picture of it next Friday when the kit is delivered,,:happy34: Still as of right now ( as I understand it ) not for retro filling into existing kits, but may be later on. The last kit I did ( two weeks ago ) had the tabs welded onto the frame. So retro fitting will require some welding.

I received word from them today that the retro fit is indeed ready and they will be installing mine on the 13th of July. 2 day job.

I received word from them today that the retro fit is indeed ready and they will be installing mine on the 13th of July. 2 day job. quote.gif

I live near them and called them yesterday about this. They told me they have the kit for retro fit and it's $695 plus 8 hr installation ($400). Sounds pricey to me.

I also heard it's a 4 gallon kit, not 5

I received word from them today that the retro fit is indeed ready and they will be installing mine on the 13th of July. 2 day job. quote.gif

I live near them and called them yesterday about this. They told me they have the kit for retro fit and it's $695 plus 8 hr installation ($400). Sounds pricey to me.

I also heard it's a 4 gallon kit, not 5

It says "about 4 gallons" on the web page. Of course it is going to cost more to retro fit it than it would have if it has been ready when they did the kit. I looked at adding an aux tank to sit on the passenger seat, but there was no way I could make it look good with the trike, at least to my liking anyway. And I truly need to not be looking for gas stations every 125 miles.

• 2 weeks later...

My kit is in motion, and will be here in the morning,,,:banana: Now I know how every body feels while their waiting. (not really I had other things to keep me busy )

It has the first tank out on it and will post a couple of photos tomorrow afternoon. :happy34:

As you can see in the pictures it is on the right side of the Trike, and about the middle of the fender inner section. Don't know why they put it on the right,,,:confused24: The pump could have gone on the right and the filler on the left. Like the others....

As you can see in the pictures it is on the right side of the Trike, and about the middle of the fender inner section. Don't know why they put it on the right,,,:confused24: The pump could have gone on the right and the filler on the left. Like the others....

Looking at the pics in the link above I'd say they did it this way to clear suspension components.

Larry

I ask Jim about that today, and he said it could have been either way, and the BMW was on the right side. So they made it like the BMW :confused24: I am just use to it being on the left on the other Trikes. I will sure be glad when I can start on it to get this little project out of the way, but alas the shop and lift is full, and looks like it will be for a week or more,,,,,,,:mad: but I will get to it. At least I have it here, and you can bet as soon as the shop clears a little I will get right on it, and mama is getting a little antsy too. The real bad thing is that when I start it it is going to tie up the shop for a good two weeks,,,,,,:yikes: So I hope it doesn't get too busy for then, cause it will be in the way when I get it stripped down waiting for the painter,,,,,,,,

• 2 weeks later...
I received word from them today that the retro fit is indeed ready and they will be installing mine on the 13th of July. 2 day job.

Keith, I am sending Hannigan photos of how I re-routed the fuel line to the right side, and put the check valve where it could be accessed if need be. As it comes they want the fuel line to come though an existing hole with a plug in it on the left side just above the Positive terminal of the battery, and the check valve is behind the frame ( with the amount of line that was supplied ) I replaced the fuel line with a slightly longer piece and routed it to the right side of the seat about the same location. The hole is the same size as the hose, and makes a good friction fit. There is more room, and space for it on the right side, and makes for easer access to the positive post if you have things hooked up. I will call Brad tomorrow to check to be sure that he has the photos of how I routed the fuel line, he is the one that will most likely be doing the tank install for you. I am also going to see if there is supposed to be a gasket under the filler,,:confused24: I am not fond of the fit without a gasket ( a bit of a gap between the body, and filler )

I put 4.5 gal in the tank to check it out yesterday, and it works great, and transfers fast too. I did not fill the tank all the way up, and think it will hold 5 gal.

Here are a couple of photos of how I routed the fuel line.

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo265/kj5ix/01%20Venture/gasline1.jpg

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo265/kj5ix/01%20Venture/gasline.jpg

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo265/kj5ix/01%20Venture/Gasfiller.jpg

wonderful pics ... I was in Murray this weekend to do a BBQ judging contest ... and I stopped in and saw John ... he showed me a unit that was getting the tank installed, looked like quality work, much better than the job California Side Car did with our GL1800 trike which eventually cracked ...

I will bring up your post when I chat with them on the 13th when I get there with the bike.

5 gallons, that would be a wonderful round figure.

Having the rear end off: Yes indeedie : That is why it is a two day job to retro one into the trike frame. If the tabs aren't there for the tank ( any trike made before the last two months ) they will have to be welded to the frame. Then the fitting starts. Mine here is a new kit ( first with the aux tank out of proto-type ) that I spent the last 5 days putting together, and the good part is that tomorrow afternoon I get to take it all back apart to take the body, and running boards to the paint shop, along with the fairing, tank , trunk etc:etc.....

Here is the link to my photo-bucket of the process (mostly)

http://s382.photobucket.com/albums/oo265/kj5ix/01%20Venture/