IGNORED

Damn Dealers

Verninator

Hey Everyone,, hope all is well

I have a pathetic 720 miles on my New 09' Venture( purchased on April Fools Day 2010) as of today. I was running around doing errands & stuff. The Radio, CD player, cuts out while riding, sitting at a light, scratching my butt, it doesn't matter. Sometimes with the engine not running, it plays just fine. So I called my dealer, asked if they had any thoughts. The Ser. Mgr asked a couple of ??'s like is the CB on, Did I read the Manual? ETC... & ( My Favorite ) Did you buy the bike here? If you have Factory Warranty, it doesn't matter where you buy it. He still gets the billable, & paid by Yamaha. If I want to bring it in, Leave it for the day, because it takes a long time to remove the Fairing. He seemed to have an attitude, Because I didn't buy from them, I did try, but the money wasn't right & The color of the bike was wrong.

Anyway Sam G. Who is the Parts Manager at Beach Blvd Powersports in Jax., Fl.

is really cool, I have been doing buisness with him for about 10 years, he's in my phone on speed dial. What is it with Service Departments???

I am A Factory Mobile Technician,:backinmyday: I have to do Warranty work too, I get credit for the Travel, Labor, Mileage, Parts. Its guaranteed work!! Why would they rather piss-off a good customer, than treat them like you want their buisness?? OK I'm done venting!!

I lied ,, Now I'm done. I also do all my tires with them too. mounting & Balancing etc..

So Today when I got home,,, I did my first service, and I removed the front fairing,It didn't take very long at all, went looking for a bad connection, While the bike was running in my shop with all doors closed, I played with all the wires, did not find anything that seemed to cause a problem. Put it back together, CD & Radio work fine. Until I am going down the road, then it will go goofy again, maybe not??

Anyone have a simuliar problem???

I am really liking the Venture. It works much better on my sand road, so I can now ride when ever I want. The wife really likes backs seat too, and alot more room, and the Floorboards are great too.

Ok I'm done for alittle while.

Later Vern :cool10:

You have a really good point there about service. I used to be a service advisor at a cadillac/gmc/pontiac dealership.... well since I got paid partly by commission I would take whatever vehicle and never did I ask "where was it bought" but my boss would always come out and say gee we dont take cars from expressway chevy/pontiac/ etc... I am thinking what an idiot...and yes he was an idiot and I am so happy I am not working there anymore... But like you I just could not understand why a business would turn money away. I understand that warranty doesnt pay as good as customer pay but it is still not bad money...

Vern 100% Right On

Dealer ZERO

I know some guys here have a Yamaha Service escalation 800#. You can try the "search" box too (Dealer or Service). Stay tuned these guys are the best here at VR.Org

PS: You now have one h@ll of a Bike with a temporary glitch must likely due to Dealer Assembly.

:080402gudl_prv:

Edited by frogmaster

Man I got scared when I read "i had the bike running with all the doors and windows shut". man be careful doing that, of course you probably already know.

When the international m/c show came through Greenville, SC this January, I got to talking to one of the Yamaha reps and I asked if he had any dealers that "did not suck", lol.

He just kind of looked down and laughed. Ended up recommending a Yamaha dealer near Fayetteville, NC. I can't tell you how many times I tried to buy a bike at a dealership, I even asked one sales guy if his showroom was a museum, or if any of this stuff was for sale.

Got the dog hearing a whistle look (head cock to the side).

Hey SC98

You caught that statement about the " Motor running and all the doors shut"

I was checking to see if anyone was going to call the suicide hotline?? LOL

Sorry I couldn't resist!!

Yes,,, I am really liking Venture,,, I should have bought it 2 years ago.

Glad I did this year..

The Audio thing doesn't bother too much, I just like everything to work properly. I have never had a Radio on a Bike ever. I like riding, for the riding, and the people I meet, and places I wander to.

Later Vern

Hey Vern,

Here is something to try. Put a cassette in the tape deck and go for a ride. If the music doesn't cut out then there is a good possibility that the FM antenna has a connection problem at the rear of the bike and you are actually loosing the FM signal as opposed to there being a problem with the radio itself. Welcome to the site.

Just a thought,

Earl

If your getting a display the seems to lockup and then start working. Can't change anything then starts it could be the control head connectors. Mine did that when I first got it. There is a bundle of round connectors in the fairing on the left side of the headlight as your facing the bike. The one with the blue band is the connector to the controller. Pull it apart and put some dielectric grease on it. If that doesn't solve it it maybe the controller or the radio/cb. This assumes the CB is off. The orange light on the right between the CB and Select button would be lite if the CB is on. Its a common question here if the music cuts out because quite a few have accidentally turned on the CB and its not turned up loud enough to hear but it halts the music/cd/aux anytime there's CB traffic.

"I have a pathetic 720 miles on my New 09' Venture( purchased on April Fools Day 2010) as of today. I was running around doing errands & stuff. The Radio, CD player, cuts out while riding, sitting at a light, scratching my butt, it doesn't matter. Sometimes with the engine not running, it plays just fine. "

I had the same issue. Turns out the assembly / prep guy reversed the antennas. had the CB on the radio and the radio on the CB.

Since the antennas are put on at prep check to see if the CB (the one with the black thingy in the middle) is on the right.

Edited by jer878
added quote

Vern,

When I bought my 07 I had to take it back 3 times before they got it fixed. The first time they just put dielectric grease in the conectors. The second time they replaced the head control on the handlebars and the third time they replaced both the head control and the main box under the fairing. It's been working perfect ever since.

Take it back to the dealer, they may not like having to work on it but they have no choice. It' too bad they are such an ass to work with. Good luck:thumbsup2:

Guest scarylarry

I had the same problem, I cut be sitting at a idle and straight turn the bars one way to the other and it was cut out, got worse over time very short time, come to find out a connection was lose and it was a b***h to find but it was in the faring and the main supply line.

Dealer repair it as I sat and watch him, ONLY thing this dealer did right.

One of my biggest complaints on my dealer is after the sale , you are who from where?

Then their labor rate on the simple stuff like tire changes...I would call yammy and I would let them know what is happening, but after you do that do you really want that dealer working on it?

One way you may get a dealer to do what you want is to call yamaha corp... I had customers so picked off at our service manager that they just called corp for cadillac and needless to say once cadillac got him on the phone he was all "yes sir" no sir etc... bull to have to do it that way but if they want to play a game just gotta learn how to play too i guess...