IGNORED

Entered the Darkside

wngrr

The brand of car tire and tread patterns may also have something to do with our handling. I have the Kumho, but others have had BFG and Nexxen and I don't know - the biggest complaints seem to go with the Kumho. Am I wrong on this

observation?

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't trade my Kumho for nothin' save another car tire and since dumping the OEM Dunlop front for the Pirelli I have no issues that I can't live with.

:thumbsup2:

The brand of car tire and tread patterns may also have something to do with our handling. I have the Kumho, but others have had BFG and Nexxen and I don't know - the biggest complaints seem to go with the Kumho. Am I wrong on this

observation?

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't trade my Kumho for nothin' save another car tire and since dumping the OEM Dunlop front for the Pirelli I have no issues that I can't live with.

:thumbsup2:

what model pirelli did you use?

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to post an update after putting some miles on the Nexen. I should throw out that I have also replaced the front with a Bridgeston radial. I have to say for me the change has been great.. It took a little getting used to but now I ride just as I always have. The Nexen did want to follow imperfections in the road at first but I corrected that with air pressure.. I will be putting around 4000 miles on it soon and will report back after the trip..

David

• 4 weeks later...

Ponch and I were just talking about this 5 minutes ago. I have ridden Gunboats '99 with the Kumho on the rear and the Avon Cobra radial on the front and didn't notice any real issues that I couldn't live with. The mileage is nice out of the CT as Ponch has over 12K on his and has no visible signs of wear. As much as I have warned folks about using a CT I haven't had any issues with the 12 to 1500 miles I have rode Gunboats bike with one on it, I may try one on the '99 to get a 1st hand feel.

How many miles is on the cobra now, I have 11,000 on mine and it still looks new.

Gregg

hi gregg

i now have over 13,000 on the croba. my daughter sarah & i rode the scoot to don's mx day, pulling my fully loaded trailer with no issuses. it's a good tire, works great with the kunmo on the rear.

reguards

don c.

• 3 weeks later...

Another update...I just completed a ride to Colorado pulling a fully loaded trailer with no issues. The Nexen performed great in all conditions. During the trip we road in heavy rains, lots of twisties, to the top of Pikes Peak in the snow and scorching heat. I have no complaints about the performance of the bike or the tires I am running.

David