IGNORED

ever had this happen..??

jlh3rd

i'm at work and i get a phone call from scheduling.....it appears that the local storm...BLEW my bike over !!.....i don't know if it actually blew it over or blew it forward and it fell...either way, the parking garage guy says major damage to faring....this is an 840 lb bike.....hard to believe...the bike is parked next to the office under the parking ramps...on concrete...it's not really out in the open.....i just finished mounting new tires, carbon 1 braces, new plugs, carb sync.........anyone ever heard of this with a bike this heavy..??

Do you leave it in gear? Do you have a cover on it ( could act to catch the wind)

I use a cover and, with some of the winds we have around here, I'm always afraid mine will blow over. Hasn't yet though.

A couple of guys with 1st gens. have reported that theirs blew over.

I can't believe an 850 pound bike would blow over unless you parked it in a wind tunnel. I have two 1stGens, and they spend their winters under protective bike covers, on the center stand, on the front walk. We've had 65mph sustained winds several times, and they did just fine. If they were sitting out in the middle of a lot without any windbreaks nearby, I'd be concerned, but parked in a garage??? I think yours had help falling over.

Yes the wind can knock over a bike.

There was a day at work when a storm came thru and knocked over my KZ750, a Wing and a BMW R900. They were all far enough apart so that they did not hit each other on the way down.

In your case, I would look closely for other damage, maybe some one backed into it.

Never underestimate the forces of mother nature. I have seen a parked car, transmission in park and with the handbreak on been blown over by wind here in Iceland and we do not have hurricanes or tornados. Just strong wind from time to time.

Wind can get ridicilously strong an unpredictable in semi enclosed areas and an under roof open parking lot can even make things worse.

Can wind blow bike over? - The answer to that is: YES !

The wind can blow a bike over. Or, in come cases help it move. I was cleaning out my garage two weeks ago and had both my '88 VR and '03 RSV sitting facing uphill on the driveway. Neither was in gear, and there were gusty cross winds coming in from the kickstand side. I thought nothing about it until I looked up and the '03 was backing down the driveway! Luckily it is only a slight grade and I noticed it in time. The '88 was catching a lot of the wind but did not move, surprisingly. I moved each to face into the wind and put them in gear and had no more problems. I had the '88 nearly blow over (I caught it.) while I was fueling up as a storm approached in Baker NV a few years back. Since then, I try to never underestimate the wind...