IGNORED

dadgummed wind-recked my bike...

Grandpagak

woked up this mornin and what did i saw??? my bike tipped over by the wind.. :crying::crying::crying::crying:... the windsheild was between the wifes front tire and the fender.. the bike is ok, but skuffed up pretty badly.. here are the pictures after kriss and i picked it up..

I hate redo's.. really bites!!

Ouch.

That is something I always worry about when I park my bike. Especially with the way the wind is in this part of the country.

I guess it could have been worse :confused24:

Comprehensive coverage ought to take care of that... presuming you've got that coverage, and your deductible is reasonable...

Must be something going around I have a ghost I think that does stuff around here and mine got fell over sunday and I just painted it last month and wouldnt you know it would have to be in the white tri coat that got all messed up! Just like you I have to repaint stuff and I am gonna start that next week.

Is this a possible case of the side stand being to long and/or the air pressure in the suspension being to low causing the bike to be standing to straight up?

This is something that I always worry about with mine and I was thinking of modifying the side stand to make it more stable when parked.

Is this a possible case of the side stand being to long and/or the air pressure in the suspension being to low causing the bike to be standing to straight up?

Nope, a bit of a side slope with higher on left side. He should have parked with the front wheel facing uphill, or by the garage.

:bang head::mo money:

I have parked there a few times......

Gary - Your bike looks like it was sweet and clean before the fall. I can only imagine how much that spoiled your day and much more. Good luck on restoring it to a condition that makes you want to smile again when you look at it.

Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!

That's a real shame.......That is one nice looking paint job you did on that and I sure love all those accent lights

So sorry to hear/see that

Optomistic perspective...at least it she didn't go down in a collision with you on her

Nope, a bit of a side slope with higher on left side. He should have parked with the front wheel facing uphill, or by the garage.

:bang head::mo money:

I have parked there a few times......

That is why I am thinking of modding mine, So that I do not have to find a "perfect" parking spot, or play as many games getting into the best orientation.

well i done gots her repaired.. kinda, sorta good as new again.. rode 300+ miles today to look for a pickup to build up.. and bought this one.. and here is pictures of my bike fixed again..traded a shotgun for truck.:rasberry::rasberry:

Edited by Grandpagak

that sucketh..... but if you were wanting to change the color for any reason this would give you a reason too...lol.. but i have to admit the color you have is very nice..

After reading about the wind blowing bikes over on here I have been really watching how and where I park mine. My venture is in a garage right now but my sabre isnt. But hopefully I will have my own garage by summers end and then both bikes get a heated garage for winter...so they can sleep comfortably..lol

Sorry to hear that and such a nice custom paint job too. I've had a similair thing happen to my last bike with a cusom paint job and a 5 mph gravel slide. I took it to a collision shop and the owner didn't want to touch it but I begged him and said that he couldn't possibly make it any worse. Not only did he rub out 90% of it but he wouldn't take a dime from me. I send as much work his way as I can. Good luck.