IGNORED

tire wear

Jethroish

Put on a set of E3s last year. They are at 16,000 miles now and the rear tire, anyhow, looks like I should get another 4,000 miles on it.

I keep them aired at 38 - 40 psi. I do like to get on the throttle a little which I would think would wear the rear tire a little faster.

But...the front tire is worn more than the rear. I did not go to the smaller size front.

I've never had a front tire wear faster than rear.

Any ideas why (aside from maybe bad tire compound)??? :think:

Pushing it in the corners will wear the front down. Don't ask me how I know :big-grin-emoticon:

My fronts wear on the sides and look V shaped when worn. Rod

Well, the front is worn more on the sides than down the middle, but I have no peg scrapes.

I just need to get to June on these tires.

You don't have to scrape pegs to push in the corners. On our training bikes at the range the fronts wear faster than the rear. Never get over 20-25 MPH. The wear on the back is from braking, lots of cornering wears the fronts down. Rod

Yep. Mine does look similar to what you guys had described. More tread on the middle and more worn on the sides. I have almost 13K on my original front tire, so I am thinking by the end of this year I may go ahead and replace the front. If I can get close to 15K on my front tire, I am happy:Bunny:.

Ride Safe.

Yep. Mine does look similar to what you guys had described. More tread on the middle and more worn on the sides. I have almost 13K on my original front tire, so I am thinking by the end of this year I may go ahead and replace the front. If I can get close to 15K on my front tire, I am happy:Bunny:.

Ride Safe.

Got 13,800 on the original D404s. could have gone a bit more. Now I am at 16000 on the E3s

• 2 weeks later...

i have been running a met me880 rear on front rever. i now have 30,000 and still have 6 mm. of tread left when i ran a reg. front i was getting 8000 i ride hard in the mountains of va.:Venture: my ride is a 2006 r/star td with 70,000 miles with out a problem

Edited by billod

It sounds like you guys are really "riding" your motorcycles!!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!

I too would like to put Mr and Mrs Avon's children through college with my tire purchases, but I have to many "commuter miles" and not enough "smile miles" on my bike.......

Just info on tires.

I just put a New Rear Tire on my bike this past Monday. My Avon had 17,500 miles on it with many more to go but it found a big screw. My front is the smaller Avon with 19,800 miles and still looking good. I have not had any problems with cracking. I like Avons. The second set of Dunlap's I bought, I only got 7000 on the rear and said no more. The center was bald.

When I had the rear tire off I did all the maintenance on the rear end and wheel. Grease the splines and all.:)