IGNORED

New Venture at dealership?

FutureVentures

I have not seen one in person but I would be willing to bet that the flames are stickers with clear coat over them just like the pin striping on the Ventures now. I think the stripes are two colors. Mostly white or gray or silver and red. Oh and I'm not crazy about the flames either.

I have not seen one in person but I would be willing to bet they are stickers with clearcoat over them just like the pin striping on the Ventures now. I think the stripes are two colors. Mostly white or gray or silver and red.

The OEM pin stirpes (at least from what I have seen) are actually not even cleared over (which is a good thing, for paint adhesion reasons). A couple healthy coats of wax would give it that appearance though.

I doubt they are painted on, but figured I'd ask - just in case anyone knew for sure.

My local dealer has an 09 that has been on the floor for quite some time, so I doubt that I'll be seeing a 2010 anytime soon...

I'm not crazy about flame jobs either. I do know that there are some folks that like that kind of thing, it just doesn't do anything for me.

and for those cute little flames, they bumped the price 1000.oo bucks

Some people have more money than they have sense. Maybe Yamaha thinks they can sell more bikes if the price them like a Harley. After all it's worked for Harley for years.

I have not seen one in person but I would be willing to bet that the flames are stickers with clear coat over them just like the pin striping on the Ventures now. I think the stripes are two colors. Mostly white or gray or silver and red. Oh and I'm not crazy about the flames either.

You would win that bet, decals with clear coat on top.

They are even uglier in person, looks VERY cheap. Yamaha should have just left them off.

Dave

If I'm not out to lunch here, I think those flames are a bit like the ones available @ "O' Reilly"s auto parts!........................OOOOOOOOOH!!!!!! BAD,,,really BAD!!!!!

Renne,,,,,"NO" custom by "De'Cal".....!!!!

Personally, I like flames.........when they are done right. These however do not look good. As far as a new bike, I will let someone else take the hard resale hit. I got my 07 rsv for almost half of what the original owner paid for it and it only had 9000 miles on it. Now if I hit the lotto............

Well...I guess I'm one of the few but I LOVE ghost flames and hope to have some one of these days. Every time I get a quote though, it comes in around $2,000.00 and I don't want them THAT bad.

Now I like ghost flames but we're talking about those cheap decals Yamaha puts on the 2010 model.... makes me shiver. I don't know how many ghost flames your talking about but a friend down here has a 05 midnight and he took the outer fairing and the two lower fairing to a shop down here and he had ghost flames put on the upper fairing and the lower fairings where repainted black and all were clear coated and really looks nice. Now Ralfh took the eyebrows off and took the fairings off and took them to the shop. The shop charged him $500. I will enclose the link to the place in case your interested. http://www.ccscustoms.com/