IGNORED

HID headlight installed

Guest tx2sturgis
I recently installed a 35 watt HID to my '86 venture along with a pair of CustomDynamic sunspot LED driving lights.... holy s..t is this bright. The HID has very nice light pattern with the ist gen headlight lense and the LED's fill in the road in front and side of bike. I am a happy camper. Compared to my previous 55 watt plus 2-55 watt drivers, I have unloaded my alternator by 100 watts.

Gary

Not really. The excess current that the stator produces is now just being diverted as heat in the regulator.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. The excess current that the stator produces is now just being diverted as heat in the regulator.

Let me fix that for him:

"the 100W no longer being consumed by the original set-up is now available for any other accessories I choose to fit."

Flyin-installed the "new" switch and LED like you suggested. Works pretty good. Now if I just remember to turn it "off" when parking.

That is why I went with the automatic version. I'm old and suffer from CRS syndrome.

At least with the switch in there if you do forget and the light goes out while cranking, You wont have to shut the engine off and restart, you can just flip the switch to off and back on to relight the HID. But the blinky light will not tell you that the light went out, just whether the switch is in the on or off position.

Yea I know, but it atlest might help my turn it on. I am trying to get into a routeen of when I turn off the key, I reasch over and flip the switch off. I mounted the switch on the handlebars between the fairing and the rubber bumper thing.