IGNORED

Rotella T6

Zeke2000

I have been using Rotella T 5W-40 Synthetic (Blue Bottle) in the past. I went to Walmart, Fleet Farm, and local auto stores but all I can get now is the Rotella T6 5W-40 Synthetic.

The T6 has API Service CJ-4/SM where as the T has API Service CI-4/SL in the circular API logo.

Has anyone used the T6 oil?

Thanks

Zeke

I could not help myself I had to ask what is Motorkote and where do I get it ?:banana:

It's a Hyper Lubricant that some on the forum use and say that it quiets the "Chirp", of the primary gear, dramatically. Some others say that it didn't help their "chirp" at all.

You can get it here:

https://www.motorkote.com/

and I believe some get a better price on ebay at times.

I believe you only use it every 4th oil change as well. Or maybe it was every other oil change.

Here's a link to a Motorkote topic:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39828&highlight=Motorkote

Could you please expound on the "differences"? :Bunny:

engine vibrations are GONE, its so smoooooth, doing 60 with the radio on you can hardly tell its running, shifts like a hot knife through butter, then whine.... well its not gone per say but would have to say its 40-50% better than what it was, it never really bothered me but now i have to really listen for it to hear it at all

engine vibrations are GONE, its so smoooooth, doing 60 with the radio on you can hardly tell its running, shifts like a hot knife through butter, then whine.... well its not gone per say but would have to say its 40-50% better than what it was, it never really bothered me but now i have to really listen for it to hear it at all

I guess the ultimate question would be is all this because of the Motorkote, the T6 or the combination of both. Don't know if there's a way that you could tell, like, did you use the T6 before you started using the MK and did you notice a difference switching to the T6 and then more difference when adding the MK.

I guess the ultimate question would be is all this because of the Motorkote, the T6 or the combination of both. Don't know if there's a way that you could tell, like, did you use the T6 before you started using the MK and did you notice a difference switching to the T6 and then more difference when adding the MK.

switched to the t6 and ran it for maybe 300 miles saw same differences except for the whine once i added the mk the whine got better and the shifter got a lil smoother but i think they are both benificial

Most folks know that I have used Amzoil forever in my bike. then I went to using Amzoil plus MotorKote, and it made a great difference. NOW I am trying Rotella T-6

and MotorKote and OH MY! really nice. I agree with the above T-6 Post's and using M/K.

I will stick with this change for a while now and report back about it next winter :thumbsup2:

Jeff

Edited by Cougar

Guest scarylarry

I switch over to the rotella in the white jug this pass weekend, along with super tech filter..

I'm happy so far with the white jug seems to shift maybe a little better and maybe some less noise, hell I work at airport so noise is not a issue with me, I'm the one that is at the red light stereo blasting and doesn't seem that loud to me...

I think for the most part not all though MC oil is another way to milk a dollar from us, shhhhh please don't tell Shell or they will jack up the prices too.

Castrol was 4.00 a quart and said that is enough of that

On Edit: it did reduce the nosey when it is reverse that is the biggest thing

Edited by scarylarry

check your locle truck stop for motor coat. I picked mine up at flying j. I use yamalube & motorcoat. the noise is less but still there. going to change to syn yamalube & MC. on next oil change to see if that helps. using yamalube because of warranty after that it will be shell. My:2cents:

I guess it's possible but it has not been my experience. A few years ago, I had a major problem with my bike that the dealers, several of them, could not figure out. It was a VERY strong raw gas smell that was so bad that it actually made my wife sick. After about 4 dealers tried to find the problem, they had a factory tech come in to look at it. He acknowledged the problem but couldn't find the cause either. After many attempts to find a solution, they finally gave up. Their response then was "it is normal, we don't find that anything is wrong".

I ended up filing a lemon law suit against Yamaha. It was a long drawn out process and took almost 2 years to get it resolved. There were a lot of interviews, depositions, etc. but not one time during the entire process was the maintenance history brought up. I have always done my own oil changes and other maintenance. I kept my receipts for each oil change so I did have the proof if I needed it but it was never asked for or even mentioned.

I guess if the problem was an engine failure associated with the oil, then it would become an issue but otherwise, probably not. So I would recommend that you create a folder or box or something and keep your receipts for proof, I doubt that you will ever need it. It is also a FACT that they cannot deny your warranty claim if the oil you use meets the factory specifications. It does not have to be Yamalube.

What color jug is the new Rotella T6 @ Walmart?...I don't think our Walmart have any of the Rotella synthetic but I'll triple check next time...

Blue

More information at Shell's web site HERE

It looks like this:

http://www-static.shell.com/static/rotella-en/images/products/product_bottles/t6_bottle.jpg