IGNORED

It Finally happened to me, I went down!

bendtdj

I had asked earlier about a dual sport for my son. Thanks for all the advice. He decided that he wanted to start on a 49 CC scooter. We found him a nice year old Chinese made one last Friday. It only has about 150 miles on it. Well, on Sunday, Doreen's family got together here in Madison for Easter. I thought I would take the scooter for a spin since it was such a nice day. As I attempted to slow down to check for traffic before leaving the parking lot, the front brake locked up and I dumped it. The damage to the scooter is minimal, mostly cosmetic, and possibly the triple tree (or a resonable facsimile thereof). Me, on the other hand, scrapped my knee (the right one with the artificial joint) and landed with most of my weight on my right shoulder. I am going to see the DR Wednesday in Sioux Falls (VA) and find out what is wrong with it. I can move it in every direction, with pain, but not too bad if I go in slow motion.

I am really glad it was not my Venture!!!!! I think it probably would have landed on my leg and I would really have problems then.

Thanks for listening, and keep your fingers crossed it is not something too serious.

Dave

I think that this really showed the kid that he needs to wear some protective gear. I had on a good jacket, he sort of chuckled when I put it on, but no scrapes there.

Dave

Another example of dressing for the slide, not for the ride!!! :thumbsup2:

I got back from the VA about an hour ago. I have a "slight" tear in the AC joint and must wear a sling all the time except when bathing. I also have a perscription for vicodan. I am moving in slow-mo right now. I will be seeing the ortho people in about 3 weeks. They are hoping (as am I) that it will heal itself without surgery. I am so glad it was me and not the kid. Also glad it was not the Venture. If it had been, Doreen would more than likely have been on it with me. One handed, left handed typing takes a lot of effort.

Just when it was getting nice, I cann't ride for awhile.

:crying::crying::crying:

Thanks for all your thought and comments. RIDE SAFE!!!!

Dave

Well since we've met i can give you a little ribbing. No. 1-- I now know that you are not one of the clowns in face paint riding in the shriners parade. No. 2-- If I am wrong in that assumption, I'm guessing your clown shoes got stuck between the shifter and the footpeg. All kidding aside, sorry to hear about the little mishap. Lucky it happened where it did. Could of been somewhere where there was traffic etc. Count yourself lucky that is all I can say. Oh and one more thing, the Shrine Circus is in Aberdeen this week. Guess I wont be seeing you either way. Watching or working!!!!!!!:big-grin-emoticon: Sorry couldnt resist. Get better soon my friend. Later

Bernie

Wasnt to harsh was I? Hope not, I always find best way to get over things is with a little humor. It was all in fun. Hope you realize I wasnt trying to make anything about riding abilities or anything. Usually that kind of thing always happens to me. It is kind of refreshing to see I am not the only guy with that kind of luck. If this little ordeal doesnt teach your son to have respect for a bike, nothing will. Come to think of it, if this would happen to me, my wife wouldve brought home one of those horns that clowns have. It would probly have a nice bow on it too.

i went down for the first time on 3/27. i was going 51, the altima was doing 60. she hit me head on. 2 broke arms and lots of pain medicine later, i still can't use the bathroom by myself. dang it, i need some privacy!

hope your injuries heal soon.

i'm already looking for a new bike:dancefool:

ben