IGNORED

What's the best deal you've found on Craigslist?

Godlover

I must admit - I'm addicted to Craigslist!! I check it several times a day and have found some pretty good deals. If you find a really good deal - you need to act fast! Last week I almost got a 2001 BMW Touring bike from a local for $4500 but I was the 3rd person who called and the first guy took it, of course. My best deal was my 2000 MM Venture with 13,000 miles for 6,000. My best deal ever in the local classifieds was an 86 Goldwing Aspencade for $400 and I rewired the stator and sold it for $3,000.

I guess my best deal was this January. Craigslist Indianapolis. Got my 2007 RSV with passing lamps, saddle bag guards, travel trunk rack, chrome radiator grill cover, and a LED tail/brake light bar mounted under the trunk, all installed for $10,800. Had 18,500 miles, warranty until March 2012. Didn't save enough to retire on, but saved about $2,500+/- compared to most of the prices I saw out there. And it's pretty much equipped the way I wanted. Come to think of it this is the only thing I ever bought off of craigslist so it has to be my best deal.

Mel:Venture:

I must admit - I'm addicted to Craigslist!! I check it several times a day and have found some pretty good deals. If you find a really good deal - you need to act fast! Last week I almost got a 2001 BMW Touring bike from a local for $4500 but I was the 3rd person who called and the first guy took it, of course. My best deal was my 2000 MM Venture with 13,000 miles for 6,000. My best deal ever in the local classifieds was an 86 Goldwing Aspencade for $400 and I rewired the stator and sold it for $3,000.

I've bought a lot of stuff off Ebay, but don't sell it, just stow it away. Unless you count the right hand side cover for a 1stGen in fairly good condition with the vent/louvers. It had a broken stud. Bought it about $50 bucks total including shipping, removed the vent, fixed the stud, and sold it on Ebay for $50 bucks. In essence I got a free vent.

My biggest non-Ebay deal was a Linhoff Camera system. Bought it for $2000 and sold it for 25 grand to a Japanese Collector. Or the early Nikon 609xxx range finder camera I found it in the bottom of a box of old cameras. Gave $20 bucks for the whole box. Sold the Nikon for $2500. OR.... the fractional biotar lens I picked up with a Contax camera system. Only 11 know to exist in the world. I had the 12th. Dang I had fun buying and selling cameras..... :sign woo hoo:

I think I'll get into the Camera business!!

I've bought a lot of stuff off Ebay, but don't sell it, just stow it away. Unless you count the right hand side cover for a 1stGen in fairly good condition with the vent/louvers. It had a broken stud. Bought it about $50 bucks total including shipping, removed the vent, fixed the stud, and sold it on Ebay for $50 bucks. In essence I got a free vent.

My biggest non-Ebay deal was a Linhoff Camera system. Bought it for $2000 and sold it for 25 grand to a Japanese Collector. Or the early Nikon 609xxx range finder camera I found it in the bottom of a box of old cameras. Gave $20 bucks for the whole box. Sold the Nikon for $2500. OR.... the fractional biotar lens I picked up with a Contax camera system. Only 11 know to exist in the world. I had the 12th. Dang I had fun buying and selling cameras..... :sign woo hoo:

Bought a 1995 Lincoln Towncar SS a few years back for $900.00 bucks. Excellent condition! Everything worked and no issues all this time.

It had been owned by a doctor that bought it new in GA then moved to TX with it so no rust at all. He moved up here that year and had taken it to the Lincoln dealer for a minor repair and he felt like they had rolled him over a barrel so he listed it for the cost of the repair, $900.00 and bought a Caddy.

The deal with me was my aging Taurus had just blown a head gasket that day and needed other major repairs as well. I sat down to check Craigslist and he had just listed the car that evening. Called him to make sure the price was right and made an appointment to see the car the next morning first thing........expecting to be badly disappointed.

Saw the car, drove the car, bought the car. No regrets since.

So my new approach to buying used cars is find a really, really pissed off doctor. LOL!

Well I think my venture was a good buy bought a 2004 with 18,000 miles last Sept and only gave $5,000 it already had trunk rack, bag rails, driving lights, cup holder, new tires, just serviced and 3 helmets.

The trailer I got last month was not bad eather 2003 Starlight with light road rash for $250.Of course once I get done fixing the fiberglass and painting it and new carpet will have close to $800 in it 2 stage pearl white is not cheep.:mo money:

Guest seuadr

well, i guess the best deal i've ever had was, this guy from out of country was going to sell me a bike, and he couldn't pay to ship it direct to the company, so he sent me a 10,000 dollar check and wanted me to send back what was left.... .... .... :doh:

:crackup:

in all honesty, i haven't bought much off craigs list. the onething i did buy i felt was a good deal, though. got an 1982 gs1100G for 400 dollars. had been dropped and slid low speed into a ditch. guy selling had replaced the forks, but couldn't find exhaust for it, and decided it was " too fast for him anyhow " and sold it. needed a set of gauges, a good carb cleaning, and a tiny bit of electrical. been a good bike for me.

course i got the venture now, so i'm gonna clean it up and make it all purdy then sell it :)

This winter I found a Calligan water softner system on craigslist, had been looking for one for awhile to install in our house, He had it listed for 200 dollars so I called him and went right over to look at it. Ended up being about 1.5 hour ride there but it was in perfect condition and was only 8 years old. He said that he paid 1200. for it back then but was getting ready to retire and was replacing anything that he thought may go bad.

he said that since I drove so far that just give him 150 bucks and call it good. I got it home and installed and we love it, best dern investment I ever made. yea I keep a close eye on craiglist now too.

Just got a hoppe fairing with upgraded am,fm stereo cd player,chrome trim,upgraded Focal speakers,usb port, sirius satellite radio,and 12v plug with shipping came to $900. Of course I had to have it painted to match my bike but would have had to do that to a brand new one also. Got it on Craig's list.

I got a treadmill from the free section , from over on the better side of town. the lady said she was just walking on it and it quit so she went out and bought a new one. had to go it right then because she was having the new one delivered later that day. so I went and picked it up. I was shocked to see it was one of the big commercial units like at the gym.

well got it home and it worked great. she blew a 20 amp house breaker cuz it was made for a 30 amp circuit, that was all that was wrong. (didn't have the hart to tell her :). but I resold it the next day for 1200.00. :mo money:

now that was a pretty good day.