For some reason it seems that when people post links to an item on ebay, they do not work anymore. Not sure when this started, maybe a month ago or so....

Clicking on the link just takes me to the ebay home page. I have tried this on several links posted on this site, plus I have tried it on both of my computers at home and on my computer at work. In addition, I have tried it with IE8, Firefox, and Chrome browsers....same thing.

Are others experiencing this?

Here is a sample. Click the link shown in this post:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=451994&postcount=6

Joe

I think what might happen, as Randy alluded to, is that if someone is logged in to their e-bay account and simply copies and pastes the URL (instead of using the 'share' link - or however they have it labeled - within the ebay listing that gives you a direct link to that page) it doesn't actually allow someone, not logged into the original poster's account, to view it.

The other thought is that sometimes people do post links to e-bay items that auctions have ended. Sometimes an ended item is removed from ebay immediately - thereby rendering the supplied link 'broken'.

Just some thoguhts.