IGNORED

Royal Stars and full leather suits??

ozzman69

i have a 98 RS that i have turned into a single seat with no saddle bags to make it look more smooth..... i still have my leather suit from when i used to race on my sport... anyone ever worn a full leather suit on a cruiser before??lol... just curious

i have a 98 RS that i have turned into a single seat with no saddle bags to make it look more smooth..... i still have my leather suit from when i used to race on my sport... anyone ever worn a full leather suit on a cruiser before??lol... just curious

I see it all the time, full leathers on Harleys, we call them pirates :crackup:

• 1 month later...

On trips I wear a full two piece armored textile Tour-master suit, (around town I still wear the jacket), armored sport bike gloves and a Full face helmet. But I to switched to touring boots as my sport-bike/racing boots just weren't comfortable when sitting back. I occasionally see others in similar attire. So if you are worried you will be the only one that is wear real protection on a cruiser, don't be. But I'm not sure if the cut of road race leathers will be comfortable on a cruiser. Don't they sort of force you to lean forward?

A guy in my neighborhood wears a scorpion leather suit on his M109 and it looks like a perfect match with the bike, not sure about the venture though.

I'll be rocking my usual stuff that I wear on the SV, a fieldsheer congo sport jacket with icon carbon knuckle gauntlets, icon shorty boots, knee/shin guards and my full face helmet.

Thats about my maximum amount of gear but it's also the minimum I'll get on the bike with.

• 2 weeks later...

Ozzman,

The way I see it is the gear is to protect you if S**t happens. If you actually do need to use the gear, which would you rather have, scrapes on the gear and some bruises, or a few broken bones, some road rash, and other problems. Who cares what you look like as you go down the road, I would rather look and feel good after a crash then not look like a dork while riding.

Ed C

• 2 weeks later...
How about flip-flops, shorts, and a tank top? Just kidding but some a$$ on an extremely loud Harley drives by a few times a day in that gettup.

So what make him an ass?

The flip flops, shorts, and a tank top?

The Harley?

The loud Harley?

The fact that he drives by "a few times a day in that gettup"?

The reason that I ask, is that I don't ride a loud Harley, or even a Harley period. And I likely don't drive by your place at all during the day.

But I do ride around in shorts and a tank top on occasion, and I'm a little concerned about being an ass in your eyes.........wait a minute.......that's not right.

Just like the guys that don't care if someone thinks them an ass for wearing a full race suit, I don't care what anyone thinks of how I dress to ride.

Wear what you will, but do it because it's what you want, not what someone else thinks you should wear. :thumbsup2:

Peter,

If you take the windshield off it might work ok, if your suit is perfed leather. But remember these suits are really designed to sit on a sport bike. You know how it feels in your crotch when standing and then it loosens up when you sit in the crouched position. Then the leather and armor in the arms is designed to bend to fit the clip ons. If I were you and wanted to answer your question, go ahead and try it. But yours may be an older style which might be looser?

Mine stays on the hanger until I go to the track on my 99 F4 (which will be tomorrow):big-grin-emoticon:.

Rick

• 1 month later...
So what make him an ass?

The flip flops, shorts, and a tank top?

The Harley?

The loud Harley?

The fact that he drives by "a few times a day in that gettup"?

The reason that I ask, is that I don't ride a loud Harley, or even a Harley period. And I likely don't drive by your place at all during the day.

But I do ride around in shorts and a tank top on occasion, and I'm a little concerned about being an ass in your eyes.........wait a minute.......that's not right.

Just like the guys that don't care if someone thinks them an ass for wearing a full race suit, I don't care what anyone thinks of how I dress to ride.

Wear what you will, but do it because it's what you want, not what someone else thinks you should wear. :thumbsup2:

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Hey Glenn,

Got a kick outta your thread!

Different Strokes For Different Folks!!

PGR 3764 BEST ORGANIZATION I EVER BELONGED TO, BAR NONE!!!

Ride dat sucker like you stole it!

Got 50,000+ miles of smiles on my 07 RSV, most of the miles are from Missions!

At 73 years young, when I throw my leg over my "Baby" I feel like 43!!

Got a question for ya, what are those leveling links about?

Take care my PGR Brother, keep the knees to da breeze!!