wild hair 39

You know, I would look into the color of the '04 White RSV. Pictures don't do that bike justice. There is a lot of metallic in it and it is truly beautiful. It is also a slight 2 tone. I love it.

Ditto: Lowell that's a pretty color.

LA,

You might want to consider brown.......

Your on the road so much the dirt wont be so noticable if its brown....

You wont have time to keep that thing WHITE as much as you ride...!

Heck you might even try "speckled"

:thumbsup2:

I don't know about your specific color but I found Rust-o-leum spray paint at Home Depot that was a perfect match to the gold on my 84. I painted the lower fairings and trunk and from 3 feet away it looks almost factory. I put a clear coat on top of the gold to get the shine. At 5 bucks a can I have been able to restore my broken plastic pieces to near factory for under $20. I will be painting my side bags next.

For easy cleaning and not so bad Look while you're on one of your Ambassador's Trip's i'd recommend a Silver Colour.

Looks good even if there is some Road Dirt on it. Friend of mine powdercoated almost every metall Part, even polished Alumnium Parts, on his Bike. It's allways good Looking, you can't tell the Difference if you haven't seen it cleaned up.

White is for Ragriders, more Miles on the Rag than on the Bike. 1 Hour riding, 4 Hours cleaning ... Black is not far away from that. Don't ask how i know, tough, i like it anyway.

when i had my paint & body shop, the cleanest, whitest, brightest white that i could find was 1980 corvette white, DuPont code 5040. not all whites are created equal. probably the white that i found the least appealing (to me at least) was ford's wimbleton white. it had too much red in it to suit me. most whites look ok until you put them up alongside of a different mix and then you can really tell the difference. i also used to mix paint, so i can tell you that there is a plain "mixing white" which is pure white, but you actually get a better white when you mix in small amounts of other colors like blue, black and some others i can't think of right now. having said all that, please take into consideration that it has been almost 15 years since i was in the business and a lot of things have changed since then, but if you are going to use acrylic enamel, then that would be my recommendation, for what it's worth.