IGNORED

WhooooooooooooooHooooooooooooo!!!!

Iowawegian

Got to take my first ride last night since last October !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:Good news is my Virago started right up without even choking it. Bad news is hubby has to put a new battery in the Venture..........Felt bad leaving him at home but.....................jeez it felt great:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I second the Odyssey...

I yank it out of the bike because it sits in a frozen shed, but after 4 months on the shelf put the charger to the battery and it said "Full" I was amazed!! Far cry from that Yamacrap that had to be charged monthly.

Again .... Odyssey all the way!!!!!

... a new friend. But man I hate that Denver traffic! Weather was perfect. Weather changing today, upper 50's & cloudy, some snow tonight that won't stick .... and through Fri. Then Sat melting, and Sun VARRRRROOOOOMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm!!

JackZ:173:

I'll let the hubby know tonight as he was headed to the Yamha dealer tonight!

Thanks for the input!

As an alternative to the Odyseey (sp?) battery. If you have a sam's club membership or a walmart nearby, you may want to check them out too. I picked up an AGM battery made by interstate for my RSV for ~50 before tax (but including the core charge for 'exchanging/recycling' the old battery).

I cannot comment on the longevity of the battery outside of the Interstate reputation and my 8+ months of trouble free use. However, the longest the bike sat, non-started would have been ~2 weeks while I was out of town. ( I ride pretty much all year round down here).

Again, just an alternative to the OEM price tag and quality.

Hold on.......read this thread first!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33375&highlight=deka&page=4

Then check this website.

http://www.bohannonbattery.com/html/deka/etx20l.html

The ETX20L is the battery for the 2nd gens.

The Deka out performs the Odessy in overall performance. It's an outstanding battery. I bought the ETX18L for my 1st gen as did several others here and I think over the last year they have all been happy with them. AGM, 12.8 volt. HEAVY DUTY case. Extra side mounts.

But check the price. Can't beat it for the quality and the realiabilty the battery offers.

Jbo24 is a member here and helped with a lot of information on the batteries in side by side tests as you will see the the first thread.

Check it out. Worth doing.

Oh yeah, and it's American made.

Mike

Hey Jeremy,

Glad you found the info useful. I'm not one to push a product unless I'm really impressed with it. You can tell I like this battery.

I had to buy a new lead/acid when I bought the bike. The next summer I bought another one. $127.00 that time, thought it was the best. Last year I needed another one. Then I ran across that post I listed and started looking into it. Condor had bought one and liked it then Josh posted the tests he did against the Odessy.

Sold. Been nothing but impressive performance since I got it. Only put a tender on it for a couple of hours before I popped it back in the bike last month. Hadn't been charged since I took it out of the bike mid December. Still shows 12.8 every time.

You won't be buying another battery for a long time.

Mike

Hold on.......read this thread first!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33375&highlight=deka&page=4

Then check this website.

http://www.bohannonbattery.com/html/deka/etx20l.html

The ETX20L is the battery for the 2nd gens.

The Deka out performs the Odessy in overall performance. It's an outstanding battery. I bought the ETX18L for my 1st gen as did several others here and I think over the last year they have all been happy with them. AGM, 12.8 volt. HEAVY DUTY case. Extra side mounts.

But check the price. Can't beat it for the quality and the realiabilty the battery offers.

Jbo24 is a member here and helped with a lot of information on the batteries in side by side tests as you will see the the first thread.

Check it out. Worth doing.

Oh yeah, and it's American made.

Mike

I second the motion on the Deka. Read all prior reviews and analysis and went with it this winter. Changed it out a few weeks ago and would never look back. What a difference in firing right up and keeping a charge. Can't beat the price/performance.

Make sure you are using there chargers as well. or else they with sulfate

If you use a plain auto charger they will never fully charge. I love my Odyssey Battery's and I own 3 now. I even brought my first one back to life after 5 years to full capacity after I bought there charger. I always charged that first one with a battery tender and a auto type charger. not my new one's though.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Jeff