IGNORED

Nt700v

Owen

Ok, I have my asbestos britches on, so don't hold back...

I love my RSV. It is the best scooter I have ever owned. But sometimes I want to run down to the store or some other errand, and I don't want to feel like I need to launch the Queen Mary II. I want to jump on a smaller bike and do what I need to do. I had a '97 vmax that was fine for this purpose but it was after all a vmax and I just could not keep myself from running it pretty hard. No self control I guess. I really like sport touring bikes. The BMW 1200, Honda ST, Yamaha FJR etc., but they too are more bike than I want. I no longer want or need the crotch rocket style bikes either.

This is all leading up to your thoughts on the newly USA released Honda NT700V. I love this bike. I had the chance to sit on one today and I think I am sold. It has been very popular across the pond for several years. It is 300lbs + lighter than the RSV. It is a FI 700cc vtwin. I like the ergonomics/sitting position. It is still a little tall for me but I think I could live with it. I don't really see anything from Yamaha that is close to it.

What do you all think of it???

Appears to be a great bike. Like you, a trip to Wally World on the RSV is overkill. Just picked up a used 650 VStrom for a town bike.

The 10K sticker said "not today friend".

I really like the VStrom too, but it is just too tall for me with 30" inseam... Why do the big boys get all the toys?

Not my cup of tea, but that is my OPINION.

:confused24: Then again, I don't think twice about hopping on my RSV to go do anything. I do, however, sometimes take my 78 GS750 out for small store runs or 'quick trips' but that is more of a 'I just felt like riding that one that day' than a 'I don't feel like driving the RSV'.

Also, I don't mind riding the RSV around town since the slower maneuvering is the 'more difficult' aspect to riding, it gives me lots of opportunities to practice and keep sharp on my skills.

My other reason of using the RSV for the grocery getter or the 'quick trips' is that I can fit a couple weeks worth of groceries in the trunk & saddlebags (except for when I go to Sam's club) so I can take the bike instead of my truck.

Really though, if you like the bike, like the way it sits and handles and it will do what you want it to do then go for it! I know that I wouldn't even consider such a bike, but my back is pretty fussy about my seating position too...

Guest scarylarry

Nice bike I like that instrument panel, but to hop on the RSV for a trip to wally world is not a biggie to me fire up strap on helmet :crying: have to wear in Tenn. and I'm gone like last week news, never have to date went to wally world and not took a a scenic route home, I 'm never been in that big of a hurry, if I was I would have drove the truck...

Life is not a rehearsal so I never run at much.. To busy seeing what I can before I leave earth..

Nice bike, would be great for running around town and weekend trips. I would like that DN-01 for running around on but that's a whole handful of money for it.

:sign yeah that:

The one your looking at is nice also Owen and the price tag is lots better than the DN-01

I dunno...my other toy is a 95 900SS Ducati, and that's a whole different experience than the RSV. I'm getting old though, and the riding position leaves something to be desired,:crying: so I'm currently lusting hard after a 2008 Ducati GT1000. "standard" riding position, AND the sportbike "go" and handling:dancefool:. I just love the handling and performance of a lightweight high performance motorcycle. You might also look at the new model Triumph Bonnevilles. They're pretty cool light bikes...

That's a good looking bike, but it looks like a V-strom. I think a V-strom 650 with some lower links would be the ticket. You can get a very nice used one for cheap. I wouldn't go buy a brand new bike for "around town" though.

Actually, I wouldn't go buy a brand new bike for anything, but that's a discussion for another thread.

Guest seuadr

i like it! but then i agree it looks liek a honda vstrom. i like the vstrom. i want one, infact. they seem comparable looking at them, and with a little research they seem to fit the same market. right in line with the kawasaki whatever its called that is also basically the vstrom. i'd buy any of the three for an around towner if i had the cash. :happy34:

Guest seuadr
If that bike had been available when I bought my V Star 1300, I would have bought it, I like the llooks and Honda doesnt market something that isnt gonna sell. A:nd you meet the nidest Ventureriders on a Honda, just ask Eck.

why has he met someone nice on his honda? :whistling:

A friend of mine traded in his Yamaha 1300 for one of those Hondas and he loves it. He had both knees replaced this past year and the new Honda was better ergonomically for him. He didnt get the ABS model but he loves it anyway. He claims it handles great.

Most magazine write-ups gave it a pretty good mark too. Go for it....:smile5: