IGNORED

Goodyear Motorcycle Jack

Schlepporello

A friend of mine, who no longer rides, gave me a "Goodyear Racing" branded motorcycle jack. It's been a year or two since he's used it and he lost all the instructions that came with it. It's operation seems easy enough with the exception that I can't seem to make it go up. Anyone got an idea of what I might be doing wrong or at least have a scan of the manual that was supposed to come with this jack?

Thanks in advance!

No sir, I sure don't. Granted, it doesn't look much different than other jacks I've seen. As far as I'm able to determine, I mash down on the big pedal repeatedly to raise the bike, then press the little pedal to drop it. The problem I'm having though is that it just doesn't seem to want to pump up.

There shouldn't be a valve that you tighten up. They typically have either the small pedal OR the valve that screws in and out to lower but not both. Since yours has the small pedal, it won't have the screw valve.
The small pedal will likely operate a "push button" type relief valve that could be stuck in the open position.

Blue and Yellow? I've got the exact same one. I'll have a look and see if I can find the manual when I get home. I usually keep that kind of stuff. Doesn't sound like a problem that the manual would help with though.

They're pretty simple so I'm thinking that the guys have it right with the relief valve being stuck open.

Got any weight on it?? Most will pump up. but without anything pushing down it'll just stay in the up position. Anyone remember if it's one of those models you have to push the pedal all the way down, for it to drop gradually. Otherwise it'll scare the 'H' out of you when it's only pressed lightly and drops at sonic speed.... ?????

Blue and Yellow? I've got the exact same one. I'll have a look and see if I can find the manual when I get home. I usually keep that kind of stuff. Doesn't sound like a problem that the manual would help with though.

They're pretty simple so I'm thinking that the guys have it right with the relief valve being stuck open.

Yep, blue and yellow. 1500 lb lift capacity.