IGNORED

Head-Set Pig Tail Holder - Tank Placement ?

I think this has been discussed here before, I have been noticing over the years that my clear-coat on my tank is starting to scratch a little and I was wondering were some of you are placing the holder that was on the tank for your head-seat plug in might be now> If moved? . any pictures would be great. not sure if there is a better location for this or maybe another idea? my cord when plugged in seems to be the problem. (rubbing in that area) all the time.

Thanks,

Jeff

So Far both are great idea's! These are the kind of answers That I need, otherwise I think my paint job will go to poop if I do not move this holder before this riding season. I already have the holder removed. Was just not sure were to place it. but seems like I will not even use it anymore ... could even GOOP the holder to the bar maybe..:scratchchin: Thanks

I took the plug off the tank and attached it to the plastic peice just to the left of the ingnition switch. The holder is permanent, but I ty-rapped the plug to it.

The pigtail wire from the helmet does not touch the tank at all.

Hope this helps.

This is what I have done. But you do need a tank bib with a pouch!

Keith

Three questions Keith

1. Do you have some pictures that show the entire bib?

2. Where did you get the bib?

3. How did you mount the pigtail to the leather pouch? Studs?

Thanks,

Wally

Hi Wally

The bib I have is a Hopnel. I used a Wire holder as shown on the picture and used a couple of rivets to mount it that I picked up at the shoe repair shop.(Not sure if the clip was mounted to the tank when I bought the bike?) Behind the plug itself I had the shoe guy install an eyelet and I just use a elastic hair tie to hold it in place. I just tied a knot in the tie and put it out through the hole. It stays in place and can't move around.

A couple of more pictures attached.....if you need more let me know.

Keith