The Superbrace is a great product. I added one to my 1st Gen. Keep in mind it isn't a cure all and there may be something else associated with your vibration.

Easy to install. Four bolts is all. Best to have a torque wrench and the appropriate torque spec for your bike.

Dave

I am experiencing some vibration in the front wheel at high speeds (over 80) I have been told that is due to deflection in the forks. So, I am considering this fork brace (http://www.americanmotorcycleaccessories.com/proddetail.asp?prod=AMA1100) does anyone know how difficult they are to install? Thanks

That brace is for a 1st gen. You have a 2nd Gen. It wont fit.

If your experiencing vibration you may have some other issues. 1st thing to do is check your tire pressure and wear pattern on your tires. Are they the original tires? Mileage? Out of balance?

Since your bike is 5 years old your steering bearings may also need to be adjusted. Not a big job.

Besides, 1st gens need those braces because theyre so flimsy to begin with.....:stirthepot::whistling:

Hey Ken,

Ruffy is correct about that fork brace not fitting your scoot. (he is however NOT correct about that crack on the First gens!) Your bike has the "reverse telescopic" (newer technology) style front forks which means that the fork tube connects to the front wheel and the "shock" portion of the fork tube is up by the handlebars. (this is the opposite of the First Gens) There is no way to "bridge" the fork tubes on a Second Gen. Down By the wheel short of a two piece "clamp Style" fork brace that would be pretty expensive. Ruffy is also correct about the fact that you most likely have a tire issue or an issue with the bearings in the triple tree. Do a search for "steering head bearing adjustment" in the tech. section and see what comes up. V7Goose did an excellent write-up about this not long ago.

Check that tire, and the steering head bearings and let us know what you find out.:thumbsup2:

Earl

I replaced the tires last summer Elite 3 and the wear pattern looks good, I also did the "simple" test for the bearing ( put the bike on a stand and let the bars fall side to side) that also seemed okay. With the bike on the stand and rotating the wheel by hand there was a slight grinding noise but I attributed that to brakes could that cause a vibration in the front wheel?

Hey Ken,

To check the front wheel bearings properly, Try removing the front calipers from the rotors. DO NOT disconnect the brake lines, just remove the two bolts that hold the caliper to the fork tube. Then, give that wheel a spin. While those those calipers are off, flip them over and see if the pads are good, and that the pistons move freely. A dragging caliper could cause a vibration. You didn't mention the milage on your RSV. If you think it might be time for a rebuild, I can help you with that, feel free to PM me if you like.:thumbsup2:

Earl

Had a simular problem with a Yamaha RD 400. Back then, I washed and waxed my bike and car every weekend.

Problem is, if, you use a pressure washer be careful not to direct the spray in between the brake calipers. A small portion of the side of the piston, that moves your brake pads is vulnerable to high pressure water. If the nozel is close to where the piston meets the oring you could inadvetently blow water between oring and pistion or, you could blow the oily protection off of the side of the piston. The piston is steel. When it rusts it won't want to go back into the body of the brake like its suppose to. I replaced the orings and piston. Was about a $25 fix back then.

... Your bike has the "reverse telescopic" (newer technology) style front forks which means that the fork tube connects to the front wheel and the "shock" portion of the fork tube is up by the handlebars. ...

As much as i dislike correcting you Earl, but the Fork Legs are standard Style. They just look like inverted Forks because there are Covers on the 2nd Gens.

As much as i dislike correcting you Earl, but the Fork Legs are standard Style. They just look like inverted Forks because there are Covers on the 2nd Gens.

Ill correct him for ya Squeeze, with glee.........Something to do with flimsy 1st gens.......:smile5::smile5::smile5:

Ill correct him for ya Squeeze, with glee.........Something to do with flimsy 1st gens.......:smile5::smile5::smile5:

Oh Ruffy, that's just the Way 2nd Gen Style is ....

all Show, no go .... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

flimsy 1Gen ?? :crackup:

C ya on the Autobahn ? ? Or a short Trip through the Alps ?? :happy34::happy34::happy34:

Sorry, couldn't resist

Thanks Squeeze, and Ruffy (God, I hate to say that to Ruffy!) for the correction. Regardless of the position of the fork tubes, a standard fork brace will not fit the Second Gen. RSV.

Ruffy, Boy I comin' down there and givin' you a woopin'!:dancefool: (as soon as the weather gets better!) What are we havin' for dinner, Ruffy!?!?:confused24:

Earl

P.S. So, do ya' think we ALL need to go for a nice LOOOONG Ride, or what!?!?

Thanks Squeeze, and Ruffy (God, I hate to say that to Ruffy!) for the correction. Regardless of the position of the fork tubes, a standard fork brace will not fit the Second Gen. RSV.

Ruffy, Boy I comin' down there and givin' you a woopin'!:dancefool: (as soon as the weather gets better!) What are we havin' for dinner, Ruffy!?!?:confused24:

Earl

Got some Ribeyes and a bottle of Fat Bastard wine set aside for my friends.....:smile5:

Gee, Earl, I was thinking about you yesterday as we were tooling down I45 near Galveston, 62 degrees and sunny. Ah says to mahself, self, think ol' Earl is tooling down the road out there in PA or buried in his workshop wrenchin on 1st Gen's?

All kidding aside, you guys will be riding soon. Spring's just around the corner.

Hang in there!