IGNORED

That was a long race....

mini-muffin

During the first red flag, we started watching th new Star Trek movie. Very well done flick. When the movie was over, we turned back to the race and found we only missed about 40 laps. Was a great finish. Pleasantly surprised that the 88 came from tenth to second. :dancefool:

Dave

And so starts and ends the epoxy 500. Time to resurface that track for sure. Sad commentary on our natl redneck sport to be stopped by a track malfunction. The auto industry is not only in the pits so are the tracks we race on. Did I hear the commentators say the track hadn't been resurfaced since 1978? If so wow.:2cents:

Hey now some folks have actually seen me drive. Some have even been in a vehicle with me, and survived. Heck Stud said I drive good and I don't scare him. Oh they have pedal extenders and I can sit on pillows. Besides who needs to see everything as long as I get to the finish line. Right?

Margaret

Oh they have pedal extenders and I can sit on pillows. Besides who needs to see everything as long as I get to the finish line. Right?

Margaret

Assorted answers . . .

To Mini

Singer/songwriter/actor Paul Williams used to race in the celebrity pro-am series. He drove a green car with the number "1/2" on the doors and once said that he was the only racer he knew who needed 2 LA phone books on the front seat in order to be able to see over the dashboard!!

As for Jr "sandbagging" at Daytona all afternoon, well!! You do that there and you end up dead last. Not second! It was quite an awesome move, 10th to 2nd in one lap! And wouldn't you know it, dear ole step momma Teresa was probably the only "racing" Earnhardt NOT at the track! Both of her "partners" in EGR were present.

As for the Mustang pace car, I WANT ONE!! I loved that paint job. That particular car has been sold. In fact Richard Petty, who was driving it, was told not to let it get a scratch on it as it had been sold. Joey Legano[sp?] was able to take a Make-A-Wish kid he had with him for the weekend in it for a few laps around the track. Joey got it up to around 135 mph so the kid probably got the ride of his life.

I forgot, the drivers can only see straight ahead, they have spotters to tell them when they can change left or right, so I guess a spotter could tell you when to turn, its nothing but left turns, so shouldnt be too hard with a couple of decent spotters.............

The race was a good one, with the exceptions of the 2 stoppages for potholes, wish some of our cities could fix them as fast as NASCAR, but make the fix last a tad longer than 20-30 laps. The racing was good in the final segment, and I liked the new rule changes letting them police their own, like someone once said "Rubbin is Racin", and 3 chances for a green flag finish.........

And Beer, whats wrong with JG, he aint stinking up the place by winning all the time, not that it would bother me if he did, I happen to like the Hendricks teams, even JR.

:soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

Hey now some folks have actually seen me drive. Some have even been in a vehicle with me, and survived. Heck Stud said I drive good and I don't scare him. Oh they have pedal extenders and I can sit on pillows. Besides who needs to see everything

as long as I get to the finish line. Right?

Margaret

And Beer, whats wrong with JG, he aint stinking up the place by winning all the time, not that it would bother me if he did, I happen to like the Hendricks teams, even JR.

:soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

I just do not like that boy . He's so arrogant and he must have $3 bills with his photo on them . Anyone whom leaves a beautiful wife as he did and runs around calling himself the RAINBOW WARRIOR seams flaky to me , if you know what I mean . Just never liked him from day one with an attitude of a spoiled rich preppy kid . As for the rest of that team , that's a different story .

BEER30

That was the best 30 or 40 laps of racing I have seen at Daytona in quite a while. Glad to see McMurray win the "Great American Race", good guy. But Juniors move from 10th to 2nd was incredible, he was driving like his daddy. Hope he has more of that in his system!

I'm with you Beer on that Jeff Gordon thing, just can't seem to like the guy, too pretty I guess. But, he traded in one hottie for another. (I still think there was a lot more to his breakup with Brooke than will ever be told).

I hope Daytona was just the start of better racing for this season.

Dave

BINGO !! Can`t stand him or Kyle Bush...what a peice of work!! Surprised it didn`t show him ( KB ) throwing a tantrim after the race...

I just do not like that boy . He's so arrogant and he must have $3 bills with his photo on them . Anyone whom leaves a beautiful wife as he did and runs around calling himself the RAINBOW WARRIOR seams flaky to me , if you know what I mean . Just never liked him from day one with an attitude of a spoiled rich preppy kid . As for the rest of that team , that's a different story .

BEER30

Were we all watching the same thing??????? I only saw about 20 laps of racing. I've been watching racing all my life and Nascar is stinking up the place on the plate tracks. Just more follow the leader and let your buddy lead a lap....

I did like the winner though. He's a good kid and races well... Hey, don't be bad mouthing the kid, he's about the only only one that tries to race. Well maybe he thinks it's bumper cars but he helps the sport in his on way.

Did you see the picture of the new Indy car?? Now that's something to whine about...

BOO