IGNORED

Insurance cost

Guest tone100

Being is any large city jacks the rates.

Also, many people that have lower rates for insurance don't have 2500 for medical (which these days isn't much more than a trip to the hospital). I pay about $650 a year for insurance on my '99 RSV. Next year I will pay more since I plan to add more medical. Also, this year Progressive dropped my rates by about $50. Don't know why, but they did.

UPDATE: Two years later my rates are higher but I increased my coverages.

You can not compare prices without first comparing what your get for the price.

Liability - Bodily Injury to others: 250k/500k

Liability - Prop Damage: 100k

Un/Under Insured: 250k/500k

Medical: 25,000 each person

Comprehensive: $0 deductible

Collision: $0 deductible

Accessory Coverage: $3,000

Road Side Assistance: Included

Total price to me $866 if I pay it in full. :mo money:

That's not to bad. The little green lizard could not even come close.

• 10 months later...

Finally, found a company that I can get agreed value on both my Kawasaki's. American Modern Home Insurance specializes in collectors insurance and by far has the best prices. I chose a policy with Agreed Values of $6000 for my ZL1000, $5000 for my ZL900 and $3500 for my XVZ1200. Since they are collectors bikes I had to choose how many miles I ride each bike each year. I could have chosen 1000 for the ZL's and 3000 for the XVZ but went with 3000 for all 3. Here's the meat:

Liability limits of 100/300/50
  • $500 deductible on collision at agreed value.
  • $10,000 Medical payments.
  • Uninsured Bodily injury 100/300
  • Trip interruption coverage $150/600
  • Nationwide roadside assistance

All 3 bikes for $189 for the year! Thats even less than what I paid for Geico for Liability only!

Anyone else in Texas with a 05 or newer? I have them on my 02 Shadow 1100 and its only 150 a year.

I have an 06 RSV insured with Geico and it cost me $630/Yr. I do have uninsured moterist. I do plan on shopping around when my premium is due next June. I live in Sanger, TX not too far from you.

I have been with them since age 16. I do use them for rental, car, $1M unbrella and the Bike. I have had several downs with SF through the years, and no rate change and good coverage payouts. HOWEVER

$18.78/%225.36 per year.

ANYONE KNOW IF someone would insure the bike alone that would offer towing?

JackZ

Ft Collins, CO

• 3 months later...

I just posted this on another thread, because we were comparing bikes.

I am 52 and am insured with Allstate. My insurance is full coverage with a $250 deductable

and It's only $75 per year. The same year ultra would be for me $237 and the same year goldwing would be about $155:thumbsup2:

Another factor in insurance rates is your credit rating. If you check the fine print on your premium notice you will see that they check it to partially decide your premium. You are entitled to receive a copy of what they used to determine your premium. So the question is have you checked your credit rating lately to see if anything bad is happening to your credit rating? :080402gudl_prv:

Shop around

With Full Coverage

I had Allstate on my RSTD 609.00 no problems just pricey

Now Pekin insurance 285.00

Both while in the state of Ohio..

Now ----

Stay away from --- State Farm well they just S**K --- always a problem....

Trust Me on that one

Dave

Hey Eldermo,

You better check your policy. There ain't no way you have full coverage with a 250 deductible for 75.00 per year. Most companies have a 75.00 minumum premium for liability only. Also, what do you consider full coverage. I won't believe it until I see the policy.

My insurance which I pay on an annual basis is due June 3rd. I currently have Geico but I am checking rates and so far State Farm has the best. Their rate is $552 per year. Geico is $635. Full coverage, $100 deductable, tow, unisured moterist and Lib.

Someone made a comment about State Farm but I have been with them for over 20 years. My 2 autos and my house insured with them and I have had maybe 4 or 5 claims over the years and never a problem.

So why did I go with Geico?? A friend of mine was with them and said they had the best rates. At the time I was in a hurry but should have taken the time to check.

It always amazes me the difference that we all report in our insurance rates. I know there are a LOT of variables. Location, credit score, driving record, etc. Still seems to be a wide range. Like I said, I have always carried liability only on my RSV and it has always been about $75.00 per year. I did price full coverage a while back though and it was only $235.00 per year. That was with Progressive and is who I have had for 11 years.

My insurance which I pay on an annual basis is due June 3rd. I currently have Geico but I am checking rates and so far State Farm has the best. Their rate is $552 per year. Geico is $635. Full coverage, $100 deductable, tow, unisured moterist and Lib.

Someone made a comment about State Farm but I have been with them for over 20 years. My 2 autos and my house insured with them and I have had maybe 4 or 5 claims over the years and never a problem.

So why did I go with Geico?? A friend of mine was with them and said they had the best rates. At the time I was in a hurry but should have taken the time to check.

I originally went to State Farm because they had the rest of my biz. I was quoted $860/6mo. for 15/30 PL/PD, the legal minium. I guess what they were telling me is they didn't want to insure a MC... :) So I ended up with Geico, the best rate I could find. Progressive was a close second.

It must be a Texas thing. I had two bikes actively insured with Geico here in California, , the '83VR and '91VR, for 100/300/full coverage for $450/yr for both. When I dropped coverage on the '83, and added the '99, the premium went up $50 bucks to $500. Probably works out to $200/$300. There's also a multi-bike discount that comes into play.

correction. I do have full coverage, but I have 2 bikes and the quote of $75.00 is for my Vstar 1100. My 06' venture is $171.00 per year, comp $250.00 deductible, collision $500.00 deductible.

Sorry about that. Still not bad, and as I said much cheaper than a Harley or Goldwing.

Just switched Yesterday. I've had both my cars and house w/Allstate for the last 11 years, but always had Progressive for my motorcycle. Allstate called and asked to give me quote because their rates have dropped for motorcycles; to my surprise it was 40% less that what I was paying w/Progressive.

Full coverage, with towing, now costs me $114/year.

Hey DAKn2,

Last month one of my motorcycle insureds called and said that Allstate had a lower rate on his bike than my company. I asked to quote his auto and he agreed. He was paying 1200.00 per six months on his two autos with allstate but Progessives rate was 605.00. They were lower on the motorcycle but raping him on his car insurance. If I were you I would get a quote on your auto and home with other companies. It wasn't this insured but I insured a house last month and they were paying 1,600 per year with allstate but I gave the same coverage for 725.00 per year. They should have a lower rate on motorcycles because they are making up for it by raping people on their auto and home.